UPS Europe Strategic Marketing Communications Manager - 054307
UPS Europe Strategic Marketing Communications Manager
Brussels, Belgium – UPS Europe Head Office
The Marketing Communications Manager executes thecompany’s communications strategy across the region to support the strategicbusiness objectives. This position drives integrated multi-channel marketingand communications campaigns for customers, media and external stakeholders.Responsible for connecting the customer journey, elevating brand awareness andvisibility, as well as driving customer engagement and loyalty. He/She leads ateam of communications specialists and agencies, develops strategic content andmessaging, directs and monitors program status, manages budgets and measurescommunications effectiveness and ROI across digital and traditional channels.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced strategiccommunications executive with significant commercial experience, a strongaffinity for digital, and a passion for writing and content creation.
Communications Strategy, Planning and Execution
• Collaboratesand works cross functionally with key stakeholders at corporate, region andcountry levels to gather input and briefs to develop and execute integratedmulti-channel communication strategies that support the strategic businessobjectives
• Developschannel strategies to optimize communication programs and campaigns.
• Leadsplanning and execution of promotion efforts for integrated campaigns to ensurealignment with strategies, initiatives, business and communication objectives
• Maintainsawareness of competitive communications strategy and business-to-business industrybest practices to determine the strategic direction for communications plansand programs.
• Managesstrategic input process and execution of all key campaign elements (brief,creative & content development, media planning, measurement, etc.)
• Developscontent that is relevant for key internal and external audiences and activatethis in impactful way across digital and traditional channels.
• Overseesthe development and implementation of interactive campaign project plans toensure proficiency and achieve desired results.
• Workswith stakeholders to assess urgent communications needs, priorities and timingand to facilitate timely communications to customers and sales.
• Ensuresintegration of the global overarching UPS messaging architecture withsupporting elements, to ensure strategic integration of content.
Reputation and Thought Leadership
• Providesreputation and thought leadership support across the region and drivesstrategic content development and positioning
• Managescrisis communications
Evaluates Effectiveness of Communications Programs
• Establishesperformance metrics and develops a measurement plan to identify and measure ROItargets.
• Measuresbrand impact of communications initiatives to improve brand perception andpreference and to build brand attributes.
• Evaluatescompetitive communications to determine communications strategies and plans forstrengthening UPS’s competitive advantage.
Manages Agency and Vendor Relationships
• Overseesregional/local vendors and other suppliers providing creative servicesincluding freelance writers, graphic artists, digital agencies, printers,photographers, film crews, etc.
• Providesdirection to agencies and vendors to ensure campaign effectiveness andalignment with communication objectives and strategy.
• Monitorsagency and vendor performance to ensure agreements, standards, and performancetargets are met.
Leads and Develops Others
• Leadsand manages a team of talented marketing communication specialists.
• Developsteam’s knowledge, expertise and skills, identifies development needs andcoaches and supports individuals’ career development.
Skills and Experiences:
• Excellentcommand of written and spoken English (native level is compulsory). Knowledgeof any other European language is an asset.
• Communicateand write effectively and with impact, tailoring content to intended audiences.
• Strongstrategic capability with proven experience developing and implementing digitalmarketing strategy
• Provenability to work with and influence a range of stakeholders
• Strongproject management and decision-making skills
• Abilityto work in an organized and timely manner on several projects simultaneouslywith attention to detail and accuracy.
• Teamplayer with the interpersonal skills to lead and manage a team of communicationspecialists in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
• 5-7+years’ experience managing and executing communications strategies anddeliverables in a corporate environment.
Primary LocationBelgium-Region Office-Brussels