Our client is a main provider of software developing services in the transport industry, based in Brussels with offices close to a main railway station.
Job Description :
Within the Architecture Center of Excellence, the Technology Architecture (TA) team is one of the 3 pillars of support alongside Domain & Solution Architecture.
As a team lead you will lead the daily operation of this team and you will help to develop and expand the team. The main tasks and responsibilities of the TA team will be :
- Providing expertise in specific disciplines and IT fields such as Endpoint, Cloud, IAM, Middleware, development platforms, Infrastructure, Cyber security, SAP, Network, etc;
- Provide technical leadership and insights for the services and systems identified / required as part of a project solution by Solution Architects;
- Supporting the design & implementation team where necessary, including validation of the detailed technical design;
- Building and maintaining a roadmap for services and product components per technology area, based on the IT capabilities that are offered together with an outsourcing partner;
- Documenting detailed reusable technical designs in architecture repository;
Documenting and evolving IT standards and good / best practices;
- You will take care of the functional management and personnel management of the team;
- You will coach and guide the team where necessary and guide the individual employees in their personal development : work consultation, training, evaluations, career path, competencies, etc… in collaboration with HR;
- You will ensure a clear division of roles within the team and delegate tasks to the right person;
- You will be responsible for drawing up and optimizing the skill matrix for all employees within the team in function of the services to be provided;
- You will let the team operate within the given budgetary and operational context, you will draw up the budget for the team;
- You will provide and manage capacity management in function of employees and current projects.
- You have a Master's degree or you are equivalent through relevant experience;
- You have at least 10 years of experience within a technology architecture context, of which at least 5 years leading a architecture or IT team;
- You have experience in working with offshore partners;
- You have a broad IT knowledge : endpoint, development frameworks, infrastructure, IAM, network, various forms of Cloud, middleware, databases,…;
- You have experience with the preparation of roadmaps, gap analyzes and architectural advice;
- You are vendor agnostic;
- You communicate and consult smoothly and you have excellent communication and presentation skills;
- You will work closely with colleagues from different teams and disciplines and you are customer-oriented;
- You have a high level of organizational sensitivity and you are stress resistant;
- You are fluent in Dutch, French and English.
- A challenging job in a fast growing and dynamic IT organization;
- An employer with a clear social benefit and a well-defined strategy;
- An intellectual challenge, including the possibility to follow relevant training courses, both internally and externally;
- A competitive salary package included several fringe benefits such as a company car, group- & health insurance, etc.;
- Very interesting financial compensation if you are not interested to drive a company car, as part of our client’s policy;
- A healthy work-life balance.