Our client is a main provider of software developing services in the transport industry, based in Brussels with offices close to a main railway station.
Job Description :
You will be responsible for the IT application architecture within your technology domain (Java, Oracle or ESB) and you follow up on the projects and programs within the technology domain in order to guarantee a coherent, stable, high-performing and efficient IT landscape that meets the client’s needs and is in accordance with the enterprise architecture.
- You will collect and analyze technology needs from the business’ demands as well as the IT strategy and translate them into a high level architecture and technical product requirements;
- You will make sure your knowledge is up to date and follow up on market evolutions within your technology domain in order to submit specific improvement proposals and to validate the partner’s proposals to keep the technology landscape evolving;
- You will set up viability studies in order to assess the impact of the modification change on the architecture in your technology domain;
- You will offer technical support on your technology domain. You will consult with the different ICT suppliers on the collaboration and the technological knowledge transfer in order to realize improvements and/or exercise an influence on the software components to be bought;
- You will monitor the allocated budget and you will always take the cost of your proposals into account;
- You will validate the deliverables of within your technology domain by means of random checks.
- You have a master’s degree, preferably in computer science, or equivalent by relevant experience;
- You have at least a first relevant professional experience as a technical architect;
- You have at least 3 years of experience as a developer in your technology domain Oracle, JAVA or ESB. You have an affinity with the other technology domains;
- You are able to convince people on technical aspects and you can come up with and assess constructive solutions;
- You are a born coach and mentor;
- Having experience with working with offshore teams is a strong asset;
- You are fluent in Dutch or French, you have at least some basic knowledge of both Dutch and French, being fluent in both Dutch and French is a strong asset. You have a good knowledge of English;
- You communicate fluently and in a structured way and you have a high degree of adaptability;
- You are eager to learn and to develop yourself;
- You have proven to be capable to follow up on multiple projects at the same time;
- You are a team player, you are able to work autonomously.
- A challenging job in a fast growing and dynamic IT organization located close to one of the main railway stations in Brussel;
- An employer with a clear social benefit and a well-defined strategy;
- An intellectual challenge, including the possibility to follow relevant training courses, both internally and externally;
- A competitive salary package included several fringe benefits such as a company car together with public transport facilities, group- & health insurance, etc.;
- A healthy work-life balance, included 1 day of homeworking / week.