We are currently looking for a technical analyst to help the software development team.
employment type: freelance or permanent
start date : ASAP
Location : Brussels
- Work in a cross-functional team to develop software to conform to the functional and non-functional specifications in close collaboration with shared services, scrum master and product owner.
- Assure an appropriate level of documentation is created and kept up-to-date, preferably through automation.
- Help challenge and clarify requirements.
- Make sure all new development and code changes are tested according to industry's best practices.
- When modifying existing code, build a case for refactoring, taking into account long-term benefit and risk, and convince stakeholders. Take part in code reviews.
- Deliver quality deliverables by code review and testing according to industry best practices.
- Update team on progress during the daily stand-up.
- Attend and actively participate in scrum ceremonies.
- Apply continuous improvement mind-set to product, process, tooling, methods, etc. and participate in implementing the ideas after common decision.
- Use Confluence as a platform to share information which is not present in analysis/design documents.
- Provide adequate information in Jira issues for next step in process.
- Create, review and update installation documents.
- Organize review of SQL changes with DBA and use the feedback to improve quality.
- Min 3 years experience in development
- Fluent in English
- Relevant experience with: Java, Java Script (JS6), programming web applications,
- Nice to have: Knowledge of Spring and/or Spring boot experience; React or Angular experience
- Keen interest in integration principles
- Eager to learn
- Team player
- Showing initiative
- Taking ownership and accountability
- Mindset of continuous improvement
- Passionate about software development