The Accounting & Tax Manager holds a key role within the Finance team, responsible for driving the highest standards of financial reporting, controls and compliance.
Our client is a leader in the healthcare industry, active in 60 countries and with more than 5000 employees.
They are currently facing a separation of activities in which the Tax & Accounting Manager will play a lead role.
- The primary focus will be to function as the local Accounting and Tax SME
- Provide local stewardship for accounting and tax processes to be implemented in the course of disentanglement from the mother company and assisting the Local Transition Leader, as require
- Review the local accounting and tax requirements captured through the localisation workshops and identify any gaps to local statutory/tax requirements.
- Evolve into the local SuperUser for key accounting processes impacting financial reporting including but not limited to O2C, S2P and R2R.
- Participate in any data migration and/or management activities, related to financial accounting processes, in preparation for the final SAP cutover
- Participate in the end-user testing of the new ERP system and escalate any additional requirements to the Global Process Owners (GPO) for immediate resolution
- Provide thorough ownership for all aspects of the local Financial Statements (US GAAP and Local GAAP) through adherence to financial reporting policies and accountability for general accounting processes executed local
- Ensure ownership for all applicable SOX & Operational controls as well as broader oversight for all controls that influence the Financial Statements
- Engage with External/Internal Audit/Taxation authorities to ensure full ownership and excellence in all Group/Statutory/Internal/Taxation/Regulatory audits
- Responsible for local tax compliance activities and management of associated of payments
- Provide transfer pricing support and own the implementation of local transfer pricing policies
- Support the preparation and filing of withholding tax and customs reporting
- Preparation and review of statutory accounts
- Collaboration with ESC in monthly US GAAP accounting and reporting
- Provision of technical accounting/ controls advice to business/ other functions
- Conduct review and approval of cash flow forecasts
- Review and validate monthly FX forecast
- Monitor cash balances and liaise with Corporate Treasury on funding requirements
- Support the development of working capital reporting and assist the business in establishing its working capital management rhythm.
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent Degree in Finance or Accounting
- Proven compliance orientation based on prior operational business roles
- Ability to work in local/regional/global team environment and communicate effectively with both internal business partners of all levels & disciplines as well as external stakeholders such as auditors and tax authorities
- Ability to travel globally as required
- SAP experience is a plus
- Knowledge of US GAAP
- Fluency in English
You will be able to work in an international environment, for an organisation that is flexible and driven.
You may expect an attractive salary package.