The Squad lead has a dual function:
- Project execution
The Squad lead will be leading his development team (squad) to deliver projects according to the online development roadmap.
He ensures tasks are assigned to the project team, and project progress is monitored on a daily basis. He reports project progress to the Program Manager and escalates issues as needed.
- Line Management
The Squad lead is the direct manager of the team members in the squad. He will be the first escalation point for all HR related issues that team members may have.
The Squad lead will also be involved in the resource planning & recruitment activities for his squad.
- You lead, coach and motivate a development team/squad of up to 10 persons
- You and your team/squad execute several projects, typically lasting 2-4 months. In doing so, support the delivery of the online development roadmap.
- You are responsible for the organisation and functioning of one specific development team / squad, the monitoring and steering of the planning for the assigned projects, the monitoring and reporting on the budget (time and scope) for the projects assigned;
- As people manager, you are responsible for the recruitment and resource planning of your development team/squad; You will evaluate your team members on a regular basis and make sure you (help to) identify training needs and appropriate learning solutions;
- It is your responsibility that your development team/squad is functioning efficiently and that the resources in the team are used in the most optimal way within the agreed project planning and budget;
- You will ensure development standards are respected;
- As experienced people manager, you will coach your team members and support them in helping to grow in terms of experience, efficiency and knowledge sharing, always monitoring the well-being and atmosphere within the team;
- Based upon your technical experience, you give hands on advice on technical matters;
- You are responsible for the evaluation of the team members and undertake initiatives to encourage the team members to grow and to lift their knowledge to the next level by organising knowledge sharing sessions or celebrations in case of a successful deployment, etc.
- You are a key contact for discussions with stakeholders in the other teams, management, Product Owners … and are responsible for translating their requirements to your team in clear and comprehensive language;
- Where applicable, you monitor the quality of possible external service suppliers with whom your team needs to collaborate. Where and when needed, you take measures to ensure services rendered are of optimal quality;
- You report to the Head of Development
Education and Experience
English: Fluent (in spoken and written)
Others are an asset