GSK is looking for a
Specialist Statistician (Non-Clinical) (M/F)
Requisition ID: WD201341
- You will support all aspects of big data analysis in Technical Research & Development during product and process development, regulatory approval, technical transfer and commercialization.
- Your role will be that of an essential and accountable partner of project teams, management and key stakeholders in the organization in providing modern data analysis support.
- You will be responsible for developing new concepts applied to a wide variety of big data situations such as bioinformatics pipelines for multi-omics data analysis and machine learning applications with large impact for the organization.
- You will act as an essential partner for vaccine project teams or other stakeholder groups and provide advanced data analysis support in all aspects of Technical Research & Development (Product, Process and Analytical Development and commercialization).
- You will identify areas of opportunities and upskilling the organization for the application of advanced data analysis techniques such as modern bioinformatics and machine learning algorithms.
- Writing scripts / coding in Python, Perl, R, TensorFlow or a similar language and optimizing / developing tools to achieve this, as well as implementing software and packages from external sources, and working closely with internal partners to ensure that the pipeline matches required needs.
- Developing analysis tools in a Unix environment.
- You will influence GSK internal policies, guidelines and SOPs towards modern data science opportunities.
- You will represent the organization on key conferences and advocacy groups to influence the external and regulatory environment.
- Ensuring high quality regulatory dossiers which set the benchmark in the industry and result in high regulatory acceptance.
- You will stay up to date with latest developments in the field and explore applicability for our organization.
- You will support improvement of data collection and management to enable quick and reliable data analysis.
- Experience in cross-functional and cross-cultural teams.
- Fluent English required; second language desirable (French).
- University degree (Master / PhD) in Statistics, Data Science, Machine Learning, Bioinformatics, Computer science, or a related field.
- Ideally 2 to 3 years relevant work experience.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application/selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements you will have the opportunity to let us know what specific assistance you require. This will help us to make suitable arrangements to support you throughout our selection process.
GSK is a science-led global healthcare company with a special purpose: to help people do more, feel better, live longer.We have 3 global businesses that research, develop and manufacture innovative pharmaceutical medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products.
Vaccines – Our Vaccines business has a broad portfolio and innovative pipeline of vaccines to protect people of all ages. We deliver over two million vaccine doses per day to people living in over 160 countries.
For further information, please visit www.gsk.com.
Patient-focused Research and Development (R&D) is the heart of our business. Our R&D department seeks to discover and develop new vaccines, to protect against diseases where vaccines are not yet available and to improve on those vaccines that already exist. Part of our R&D programme targets diseases particularly prevalent in the developing world, including the World Health Organization’s three priority diseases - HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria. Research into candidate vaccines for other diseases of the developing world, such as dengue are at an earlier stage of development.
When it comes to developing the vaccines of the future, we’re looking for real experts in their respective fields who are interested in working in the stimulating environment of an international healthcare company.
We emphasize the value of teamwork and we look for people ready to share our values of transparency, respect, integrity and patient focus.
At GSK we provide a supportive working environment, and a range of development challenges and opportunities. We also offer competitive benefits and compensation packages designed to attract and to retain the very best.
At GSK we value diversity and treat all candidates equally. We aim to create an inclusive workplace where all employees feel engaged, supportive of one another, and know their work makes an important contribution.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Tags: statistician, statistic, statistics, data analysis, new concept development, bioinformatics, script, coding, Python, Perl, R, TensorFlow, Unix, statisticus, statistiek, data-analyse, nieuwe conceptontwikkeling, bioinformatica, script, codering, statisticien, statistique, analyse de données, développement de nouveaux concepts, bioinformatique, script, codage