Solutions Analyst Intern - 055385
Solutions Analyst Intern
PLACE IN ORGANISATION: Reports to the Solutions Engineering Supervisor (based inBrussels).
The solutions engineering group aims to providesuccessful Healthcare, Distribution and Post Sales supply chain solutions andconduct project management activities at a Region level to generate newrevenue. Our intern will help support the group on a series of initiatives tomake our team more efficient: update of pricing books, enhancement of oursharepoint site and other internal communications platforms. Besides internalinitiatives, the internship aims at training a freshly graduated student on therole of an analyst, collecting logistics data from our customers andtranslating this data into shipping/warehousing profiles.
He/ She will analyse supply chains (transportation flows,warehousing volumes, order characteristics, processes) as well as additionalrequirements for new business opportunities. Based on the analysis performed,the intern will be taught how to design a supply chain solution (a combinationof transportation flows, warehouse processes, and information flows) anddetermine the accompanying costs.
• Support internal initiatives aimed at enhancing ourprocesses: update of pricing books, enhancement of our shared communicationplatforms (OneNote, SharePoint,…)
• Model and communicate shipping costs for varioustransportation legs for our packaging centre opportunities.
• Analyse existing supply chains and/or customer tenderdocuments and data
If successful in the completion of given initiatives, theintern will start being trained on the following tasks:
• Communicate with internal partners and clients to gainclear understanding of requirements to their supply chain and verify dataassumptions
• Support Business Development with the proposal designand pricing of a supply chain solution for Healthcare, Distribution or PostSales product verticals
• Communicate and work directly with internal (IT,Transportation, Operations, Business Development, Industrial Engineering,Finance) and external (client) stakeholders to design detailed warehouseprocesses, setup and costing and works collaboratively with IT solutions andTransport solutions teams to provide a total supply chain solution
• Provide a written overview of the solution (layout,process flows, description in words) which will be used in the proposaldocuments and Solutions Scope document to be shared with the implementationsgroup/ customer
KEY ATTRIBUTES TO BE SUCCESFUL
• Strong Analytical Skills
• Communication Skills: ability to communicate withpartners from all Geos; communicate key messages and next steps; gaincommitment from other parties
• Ability to develop relationships and trust(internal/external)
• Basic understanding of financial concepts
• Proactive and assertive
• Creative and open to new ideas
• Hands-On Mentality
• Graduate Bachelor or Master degree preferably inlogistics, Industrial Engineering, Business Administration
• No previous work experience required
• Experience with PC software packages such as MS-Word,MS-Excel, MS-Project, MS-PowerPoint MS-VISIO and MS-Access
• Fluent in English – any other European language is anasset
Primary LocationBelgium-Region Office-Brussels