Job descriptionOur client designs, develops and operates a traffic & infrastructure management system for the railway industry. These are complex real-time computer systems which are being used by rail operators to control and manage the signaling infrastructure.
The software tester will be working inside a scrum team or a so called squad.
The main role for the service provider inside the squad will be the test role that consists of various responsibilities which are described below.
What you'll do
- Establish test analysis and test strategy based on requirements received from the customer and clarified by our teams. The tester is also involved in the validation of these requirements.
- Write and verify test specifications.
- Establish traceability between test cases and requirements.
- Execute the tests.
- Document the result of the test and follow-up the issues reported.
- Write and validate test reports.
- Analysis actual testing solutions and propose / implement improvements.
- Help with defining and implementing an automated testing strategy.
- The squad is a self organizing team which means that any role assigned to the team can be picked up by anyone inside the team if the team decides so. In other words, it’s possible that besides the testing role other roles might be requested to the service provider like development – devops – quality or safety related tasks.
- Are very meticulous and precise as the developed software will be used in operational systems which may impact the railway traffic.
- Can work in an agile scrum team or so called squad.
A squad team consist out of people that take ownership and are committed to execute the job given to them.
- Communicate in team to share information and to request the required information to perform the tasks.
- Are accurate in reviewing the input information and execution of the tasks.
- Certificate of ISTQB “foundation level” is mandatory
- Experienced in testing of software
- Experienced in the operational environment Linux
- Experienced with programming languages (C & Java)
- Experienced with agile software development
- Some experience in SQL
- Understands (can follow a conversation) in French & Dutch and is fluen in English
- Technial environment: CentOS / Debian / Ubuntu / RedHat Linux / Stratus VOS system environment, Vmware vSphere, Database technologies : mysql / postgres, Software is mainly developed in C and Java
We care about your privacy. Learn how we collect and use your information: www.harveynash.be/privacypolicy.