GSK is looking for a
Senior Project Manager, Capex (M/F)
Requisition ID: WD157849
- Lead the project delivery process for the a specific strategic capital investment or of a portfolio of medium and large-sized projects, from typically Feasibility stage to Hand-over and Close-out to ensure an outcome which meets all the defined project objectives for cost, schedule, quality, safety and environment and delivers the business benefits.
- This process relates to design, procurement, construction, qualification, hand-over and close-out of new and or upgraded production, offices, warehouses, labs facilities.
- Ensure the Business alignment, planning, prioritization, approval, and outcome forecasting and depreciation impacts of the annual Belgium supply chain capital budget.
- Has the overall accountability of a portfolio of projects in Belgium Sites (including GIO, R&D and Quality projects).
- Define and decide the final project budgets and schedules worked out by the project teams.
- Lead the process of projects business cases preparation and ensure submission to the BCR (Belgium Capital Review) and MNIB (Manufacturing Infrastructure Investment Board).
- Designs the project organization structure & drive project teams capacity management.
- Monitors, appraises, and upgrades individual and team performance as required to assure project success.
- Installs a proactive, “can do” attitude within the project and purveys a “preventive rather than corrective” mentality.
- Drive the Project Execution Plan process, documenting the project delivery strategy and the success criteria according to the PM Standard. Establishes a Quality Plan for the project and is proactive in planning for quality.
- Prepares monthly progress reports according to the PM Standard.
- Keeps the Steering Group and Sponsors informed of critical issues that could jeopardize projects success.
- Develops a risk management strategy for the project and implements associated processes and tools to ensure effective identification, monitoring and management of project risk.
- Leads the qualification of the engineering services providers and decide and direct the appropriate contractual strategy.
- Uses proven selection processes to develop the appropriate contract strategy for the project, selects and manages contractors and settles any claims in accordance with company policy.
- Implements strict project and financial controls, including procedures for change control / management, cost control / forecasting, physical progress / productivity measurement, and invoice review / payment.
- Ensure that the overall commissioning, validation & handover strategy that fully complies with the PM Standard and implements to ensure a timely and complete handover to the Customer.
- Is a key member of the the Belgium CAPEX Project management community.
- Provide mentoring and support to 1 to 3 MPU’s for small-sized projects when required.
- Ensure MPU’s TS has the adequate organization and resources to perform SMR management.
- Leads the project teams managing Site and Major CAPEX PIP’s and ensure that adequate works relating to design, procurement, construction, validation, hand-over and close-out have been delivered with the defined projects objectives.
- Support and influence MPU/SPU heads and TS Heads in the management of the Belgium CAPEX portfolio.
- Lead and motivate empowered teams where decisions are taken at the lowest practical level in order to achieve individual and company objectives.
- Adopt performance management and accountability processes to drive projects delivery, ensuring visible targets to all team members.
- Recruit, train and motivate staff to ensure skill set meets current and future business demands providing technical coaching and training plans as required.
- Ensure the retention, engagement and development of key talents within the project managers.
- Highly effective at influencing internally.
- Leadership skills in particular in developing people.
- Highly effective communication skills.
- This role requires sound judgment and complex decision making where few precedents and considerable ambiguity may exist.
- Fluent in English and French (written and spoken), other languages are an asset.
- BS Engineer (are of specialization: Mechanical & process engineering. PMI, Prince 2 or equivalent certification is a plus. Experience in Automation Project Management.)
- 10 to15 years’ experience in the required domain.
- Broad knowledge of project management and technologies processes.
- The job holder will be of sufficient stature and credibility to effectively interface with and influence key opinion leaders within GSK in Belgium.
- Experience in a Change Management project or Transformation Program.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Tags: project manager, project management, project leader, risk management strategy, people manager, people management, chef de projet, gestion de projet, chef de projet, stratégie de gestion des risques, gestionnaire de personnel, gestion de personnel,projectmanager, projectmanagement, projectleider, risicomanagementstrategie, people manager, people management