The European Community Shipowners’ Associations is the umbrella organisation of the national shipowners’ associations of the EU and Norway. European shipowners control around 40% of the world’s shipping fleet. ECSA’s prime task is to represent the overall interests of the European shipping industry with the institutions of the European Union. The organisation operates from Brussels, where it employs a dedicated team of nine people.
For immediate start, we are looking for a (M/V/X):
Senior Policy Advisor in the field of Finance and Fiscal Affairs
Monitoring of and contributing to EU policy and legislative developments in the field ofFinance and Fiscal affairs.
- Monitoring EU policy and defining ECSA policy priorities.
- Preparation of ECSA position papers and lobby actions.
- Coordination of the relevant ECSA committees and working groups.
- Interest representation and lobbying towards the EU institutions.
- Representation at EU and international fora.
- At least 5 years of practical experience in a similar position.
- Understanding of the functioning of the European institutions and EU policy making.
- Academic degree for example in economics or law. Fiscal knowledge is an advantage.
- Strong time-management, organizational skills and ability to coordinate several tasks at the same time.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing in English. Being fluent in different other EU languages is an advantage.
- Be a positive person and strong communicator with the ability to translate technical and environmental issues in comprehensive language, both in writing and speaking.
- Inspirational working environment in a dynamic trade association.
- Challenging position with corresponding responsibilities.
- A competitive salary and a set of additional benefits.
- A full time position.