Our client is a major provider of outsourced IT related projects and services, based in Brussels.
Job Description :
You will be part of our client’s Service Introduction Center (SIC)
The SIC monitors the technical quality of the software applications developed. In particular, the team validates the performance and stability of the applications before they are put into production. The team also carries out assignments such as architecture reviews, analysis of incidents in the production environment, project supervision, technical training for the teams, and development of supporting tools.
- As a Senior Java Performance Testing Engineer you will help determine the necessary tests and test environment to quickly detect any problems with the performance and / or stability of complex applications;
- You will implement the tests using tools such as JMeter or Gatling;
- If mock services or additional tooling are required, you will develop them;
You will analyze the results critically and with an eye for detail;
- In the event of any problems identified during testing or in production, you will do additional investigation into the cause and you will work together with the teams involved to solve the problem;
- You will report orally and in writing about the test results and findings;
- Depending on your own capacities and interests, you will also have the opportunity to help develop the internal tools of the SIC.
- You have a Bachelor or Master degree (preferably in computer science) and you have experience with Java / JEE technologies;
- You have knowledge of Java EE, EJB, JMS, Spring, Hibernate, JDBC;
- Knowledge of Linux, Docker, Kubernetes / Openshift, JBoss, Enterprise Service Bus, or already have experience with Load Testing & Performance Tuning are plus points;
- Thanks to your smooth communication skills you can make your solutions available and you can offer support to the developers to improve the performance, stability and robustness of the applications;
- You are results-oriented, you have a sense of initiative and you tackle your tasks with the necessary efficiency and sense of responsibility;
- You are fluent both in Dutch and/or French, you have at least some basic knowledge of both Dutch and French.
- A workplace in the headquarters located close to a major railway station in Brussel;
- A challenging job in a fast growing and dynamic IT organization;
- An employer with a clear social benefit and a well-defined strategy, with focus on a healthy work-life balance;
- An intellectual challenge, including the possibility to follow relevant training courses and qualifications, both internally and externally;
- A competitive salary package included several fringe benefits included group- & health insurance, meal vouchers, telework, fully reimbursed cost of transport with public transport etc.