Deloitte is a world leading professional services firm, providing accounting and auditing services, management consulting and legal and tax advice. In Belgium we are the largest professional service provider. Our offices offer services to multi-national and large organisations, public institutions and innumerable small, fast-growing companies.
Organizations with operations in multiple jurisdictions face tremendous challenges in keeping pace with each jurisdiction’s tax and accounting laws. For this reason, they often turn to Deloitte for global and local tax outsourcing of direct and indirect tax compliance, as well as statutory accounting and report processing. With shared services and data management skills, our Global Tax Centre (Europe), which is based in Brussels, can support local, near shore and offshore compliance activities, covering 33 countries. The Compliance Centre covers all compliance related activities, also assisting in special situations, such as post-merger integration, shared services centers creation, Pan European process, procedures and risk reviews which require substantial system, process and technology support in addition to the potential outsourcing of tax compliance.
Addressing the challenges of enterprises active in multiple European countries, our European Accounting & Corporate Tax services team (E-ACTS) - as part of the Deloitte Global Tax Centre (Europe) - offers a centralized accounting team of professionals with localized expertise, along with proven processes. Our compliance team manages complex financial, taxation and business reporting and provides succinct and proactive advice to businesses without a local financial controller.
Read and see more: GTCE Deloitte Belgium Tax
- A wide responsibility in terms of day-to day interactions with clients and coaching of junior team members in an international environment;
- Assisting the project managers with the coordination of the delivery of accounting and tax services to an international client portfolio;
- Monitoring for possible issues and opportunities that are relevant for your clients. This will often involve close collaboration with our other specialized departments;
- Preparing the conversion of accounts from management GAAP (USGAAP or IFRS) to local GAAP through the preparation of the statutory financial statements;
- Assisting with the preparation of draft tax computations and returns according to the applicable local rules to be reviewed by our local offices;
- Advice in relation with corporate tax, other local taxes and accounting compliance;
- Supporting statutory and tax audits;
- Performing month-end closing and management reporting activities to our international BPO clients;
- As a result of working with international clients, travelling may be needed.
- Have you built a solid experience (4-8 years) in European Statutory Accounting & Tax requirements?
- Do you have a master/bachelor in accounting, audit or Tax?
- Do you have US GAAP/IFRS knowledge in combination with other European GAAP ?
- Are you an excellent team player with strong interpersonal and technical Accounting and Tax skills?
- Are you fluent in English and any other European language?
- Do you have in-depth Excel skills combined with a solid knowledge of common ERP and reporting tools?
- Do you have an excellent client-focused attitude with entrepreneurial skills?
- Do you have excellent people management and coaching skills, and do you like to organize workflows?
- Do you have strong and diplomatic communication skills?
- Would you like to become an expert in international Accounting and Direct Tax?
- A challenging, innovating environment where personal development and growth are encouraged;
- Opportunities for learning where needed;
- An attractive and competitive salary with fringe benefits.