- Responsible for the organisation and coordination, booking and administrative follow up of Road transports on request of the operational departments.
- Ensures correct information is delivered on time by the requestor.
- Evaluates road transport options
- Arranges all required transport documents and clearances.
- Arranges all required documents and formalities for customs and custom clearance.
- Negotiates bids with transport companies
- Evaluates costs
- Controls incoming invoices for booked transports.
- Controls the fleet of approx 20 trailers and 5 trucks
- Follow up on road permits for OOG equipment
- Daily follow up and coordination of transport
- Inform all operational units on transport
- Creates purchase orders in ERP system.
- Planning and follow up on deliveries and arrivals.
- Checks loading / discharging / lashing securing etc.
- Report abnormalities to responsible managers
- Coordination between internal and external parties for delivery, receipt, handling of cargo…
- In case of damages inform legal department
- Arrange for payment road transport
- Collect and distribute documentation
Education: Bachelor level in a Logistics degree or equal by experience
- Good knowledge of rules & regulations in road transport
- Good knowledge road transport market
- Good knowledge of equipment / trailers etc.
- Knowledge of liabilities
- Knowledge on lashing & securing
- Good knowledge of documentation such as CMR
- Knowledge of lifting and handling procedures
- Knowledge of local procedures and restrictions
- Good knowledge on customs formalities and regulations.
- Good knowledge of purchasing and cost controlling
Experience: > 2 years of experience in Road transport Planning
Languages: Good knowledge in speaking, writing and reading the local language and English. Knowledge in speaking and reading of French and/ German is a plus
Computer: MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) Basic knowledge of ERP system
Creative - Solution driven - Customer oriented – Punctual - Stress resistant - Good communicator - Striving for continuous improvement
You can expect an attractive salary package with an extensive package of extra legal benefits, a lot of attention for your personal growth and development.
Working in an international environment.