To support our strong growth, we are looking for a: R&D Machine Learning Engineer.
Bricsys is a global provider of .dwg engineering design software called BricsCAD. With relentless commitment to the success of the BricsCAD community, Bricsys is focused on providing an industrial strength CAD software platform and industry leading support at a compelling price to customers in the AEC, GIS, civil engineering, process and power, and mechanical CAD markets. Founded in 2002, Bricsys is a founding member of the Open Design Alliance. To support our strong growth, we are looking for a: R&D Machine Learning Engineer.
Together with a small team, as a R&D Machine Learning Engineer, you'll be developing learning algorithms that automatically detect and classify various architectural details of buildings (such as walls, stairs, window styles, story heights, furniture, etc.) given a pure geometric representation of such buildings in terms of solids. As a R&D Machine Learning Engineer, you will also need to develop geometric algorithms to calculate the geometric solid features you need to train your models. By doing this, you will be part of a larger and international team that aims to develop an intuitive and very user-friendly architectural application (BIM) on top of our own CAD drawing application BricsCAD.
We are looking for a R&D Machine Learning Engineer, who fits the following profile:
- Master or PhD in Mathematics, Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering, Physics or other sciences (or you can prove you are at this level in some other way).
- Strong Mathematical Insight, especially in Data/Statistical Analysis and Geometry in 3D.
- Familiarity with general Algorithms, Data Structures and Machine Learning algorithms.
- Experience with Object Oriented Programming (e.g. C++, Java, C#, ...).
- Experience with Data Analysis/Scientific Programming tools (e.g. Python/NumPy, R, Matlab, ...).
- Experience or knowledge of the following topics is not required but any of them is considered a plus: other fields in Artificial Intelligence, Object Oriented Design, Computer Aided Design (CAD), Architecture, Engineering, 3D sketching skills, Computational Geometry, Optimization, High Performance and Parallel computing.
- Ability to coordinate your work with team members and to communicate openly on looming problems.
- Ability to realistically plan your own work and make reliable promises to your team members.
- English: full professional proficiency.
- Professional experience is valued but not required if you can show us some relevant or interesting personal/student work.
As a R&D Machine Learning Engineer, we can offer you:
- A full-time or 4/5 job in Ghent (UCO tower).
- Flexible hours and sufficient vacation (young parents friendly).
- Competitive remuneration with extras (pension fund, meal vouchers, hospitalization & car insurance).
- A no-nonsense work floor with a flat hierarchy and direct access to management.
- Autonomy in planning and designing your own work (guidance and collaboration possibilities are available).
- Interesting mix of team members to discuss designs and problems.
- Encouragement to show initiative, learn, grow and develop your own ideas.
- Parties, pizza Fridays and other (optional) fun activities.