We are looking for a :
R&D ENGINEER (M/F)
Job scope & Location
- Lead of the product development for the manufacturing plants at Virton (BE), Waterford & Gorey (Ireland). Development of stretch & oriented film & silage film.
- Main Job location: Virton, Belgium
- Develop new products, new items based on targeted specifications based on market needs.
- Propose and try out new resins. Be in contact with raw material suppliers to evaluate new materials coming on the market.
- Propose technical solutions to improve and adjust existing products in order to stay market leader and continuously improve quality.
- Advise on the most appropriate extrusion process conditions.
- Admin. & Organization of R&D:
- Create and conceptualize the film design from ideation to commercialisation.
- Ensure a complete traceability and gant chart of the trials.
- Detailed reporting at the end of each phase of the development
- Trials & Lab
- Be present on production line during trials (in the production shop floor) and advise operators on the adjustment (linked to the recipe or process conditions) to do on the line.
- Perform and follow up on laboratory analysis.
Function within the organisation
Reports to Product Manager or to Operations Manager (TBD)
Works closely with:
Process engineers – Quality Engineer - Production - Sales team - Customer service team
- Master degree in Chemical Engineering, with a specialization in polymers.
- Good knowledge of the polyolefins, of the polymer extrusion.
- Min. 6 years’ experience in plastic extrusion or film manufacturing.
- Fluency in French and English.
- Appreciating manufacturing environment and willing to work at/with all levels.
- Highly autonomous and results oriented.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment, closely co-operating with the other departments, suppliers and machine manufacturers.
- Ready to travel ± 20% in Europe.
- Excellent analytical and innovative skills, able to generate new ideas.
- Pragmatic, taking initiative and good communication skills.
Who are we?
Mima Packaging Systems is a leader in stretch packaging technology and offers customers cost-effective solutions to their packaging and transport requirements. Mima produces high quality stretch film in Belgium and in two locations in Ireland. Mima is part of the Signode Industrial Group, a leading manufacturer of industrial packaging. The global group also manufactures packaging tools and equipment, including automatic stretch wrapping machines.
Tags: R&D, recherche et développement, research & development, engineer, ingénieur, R&D engineer, ingénieur R&D, chimie, chimiste, chemistry, chemist, strech film, silage film, ingénierie, engineering, chemical engineering, ingénieur chimiste