About the position:
As Purchaser you will play an integral role in the daily operations of our business, ensuring that critical FMCG purchase orders are processed on time. Before placing an order, the Purchaser carefully checks purchase orders for accuracy, completeness and clarity. The Purchaser must verify that product information, packaging information, cost and expiry dates are all correct before obtaining authorization to place an order. The Purchaser verifies current inventory levels and keeps records to prevent inventory gaps. They note when inventory is low and it is time to order new products. You will be working directly with the Procurement Manager to streamline the procurement process.
Your daily tasks will include:
- “Translating” offers from Supplier into internal standard and negotiating prices with suppliers;
- Nurturing relationships with suppliers to negotiate the best prices;
- Identifying and researching potential new suppliers;
- Producing, tracking and recording purchase orders;
- Organizing and scheduling procurements in a timely manner;
- Liaising with the Logistics Manager regarding stock management;
- Prepares periodic reports related to purchasing, receiving and inventory control;
- Participate in annual on-site inventory;
- Obtains and updates information on open market and purchase prices.
We are looking for an energetic colleague, who has a desire to negotiate excellent deals on behalf of the business. You enjoy analyzing and solving complex offers and have excellent communication and negotiation skills. You have great time management and organizational/administration skills and put strong emphasis on accuracy and detail. You do not need specific experience in the industry, but you need to be ready and willing to get stuck in, and complete time sensitive tasks quickly and effectively. Besides that, you recognize yourself in the following profile:
- You have 2-5 years of previous experience in procurement or purchasing;
- You are fluent in English, Dutch and French;
- Knowledge of an ERP and strong experience with Excel;
- The ability to work unaided and make decisions on the spot.
You will work under the direction of our Procurement Manager, who will give you full training in the skills required for successful procurement and purchasing. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who wants to join a highly motivated procurement team.
How to apply:
Are you the ideal candidate for the challenge and ready to contribute to the growth of our group? Then send in your resume & motivation letter via the apply button, making sure to mention the job title Purchaser. We are looking forward to hearing from you!