Our client is a main provider of software developing services in the transport industry, based in Brussels with offices close to a main railway station.
Job Description :
As part of our client’s Facility Security Management team, you will be responsible for setting up and delivering one or more projects within your field of expertise.
- You will be responsible for project initiation and planning;
- You will determine the high level scope of a project, the schedule and the budget, you will estimate the effort and cost of the implementation of infrastructure and cabling projects;
- You will determine the detailed scope, planning and budget, and you will communicate this information to the project team;
- You will manage and follow up the risks and problems with the project team, if needed you will escalate in time and propose solutions;
- You will ensure the necessary transfer, documentation and training to the other teams involved;
- You will design a detailed study in accordance with applicable standards;
- You will determine the functional specifications for existing and new solutions or to replace existing technology solutions;
- You will draw up specification texts, measurement statements and study plans;
- You will evaluate the submitted offers and select the supplier, and you will validate the offers submitted by suppliers;
- You will draft and manage framework contracts, and you will write the technical part of the specifications in the context of framework contracts;
- You will act as a contact person with guidelines and agreements based on the framework contracts;
- You will inform the Business Project Manager about the progress of projects;
- You will provide a monthly update through a Project Status Report to various internal and external stakeholders, and you will ensure a monthly follow-up of the actual cost, effort and progress;
- You will monitor market developments with regard to cabling and network infrastructure;
- You will provide third line support, and you will take the lead in case of problems and escalations of incidents.
- You have at least a Bachelor degree in electronics or electrical engineering, or you are equivalent through relevant professional experience;
- You have at least 10 years of experience in a similar position;
- You have a thorough technical knowledge of structured cabling, fiber optic cabling, installation of power boards (low voltage) and associated infrastructure, housing (racks, patch panels, ODF, ...), civil works, installation works (indoor & outdoor), ARAB / AREI, VCA and safety on sites with regard to installation work, and structured cabling and fiber technology with specific focus on installation;
- You are PM² certified, BA4 / BA5 certification is a strong plus;
- You have strong communication skills, you are customer-oriented and you have a strong sense of initiative;
- You are willing to make regular trips to travel inside Belgium;
- You are fluent in Dutch, French and English.
- A challenging job in a fast growing and dynamic IT organization;
- An employer with a clear social benefit and a well-defined strategy;
- An intellectual challenge, including the possibility to follow relevant training courses, both internally and externally;
- A competitive salary package included several fringe benefits such as a company car, group- & health insurance, etc.;
- Very interesting financial compensation if you are not interested to drive a company car, as part of our client’s policy;
- A healthy work-life balance.