About the team
This is your opportunity to join our Deloitte’s Financial Advisory team and to perform Project Management Office (PMO) assignments in the context of Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), divestitures and corporate restructurings.
Our M&A team provides clients with dedicated support for a (potential) transaction, including project management. Typically, this involves the investigation of the target from a variety of perspectives to ensure significant value items, risks and other matters that have been identified and considered by our client and assisting them in making an informed decision regarding the transaction.
Our core services include acquisition due diligence, vendor due diligence, pre-deal M&A support, bid defence and support, etc. We work within a wider deal team which accesses Deloitte’s vast range of specialist expertise including commercial and operational due diligence, sale and purchase agreement negotiation, real estate, treasury, pensions, modeling, fund placement, merger integration, IT and business intelligence.
• As part of Financial Advisory team, provide project management services to international clients undergoing M&A transactions, divestitures or restructuring etc.
• In conjunction with the client, prepare detailed planning per work stream or functions
• Liaise with the client’s internal PMO team and assist in the implementation of the project
• Support the client’s PMO team in the day to day management and coordination of the project across the company and its advisers
• Follow-up on the work status of the different tracks through weekly updates
• Track status against initial business case including synergies, costs, timing and milestones and mitigate or flag any risks or issues
• Identify and follow up on dependencies amongst different work streams or tracks and ensure alignment between all parties involved
• Provide templates and documents to be issued by different work streams (for planning, savings and cost tracking…)
• Prepare steerco meetings to provide status overview, discuss key issues and support the client in making key decisions
If you feel challenged by this role description and if you match the criteria below, we would like to meet you!
• 3 years of relevant PMO related working experience
• Experience in a financial role is a plus
• Master’s degree in business, economics or finance
• Ability to read and interpret financial data is a plus
• Team player with advanced communication skills
• Excellent stakeholder management skills
• Strong storyboarding and presentation skills
• Strong analytical skills and results oriented
• Ability to recognize and understand the client needs
• Fluent in English and good knowledge of Dutch or French
At Deloitte, we hire potential. We know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits.
• You will receive an attractive and competitive remuneration package with fringe benefits
• You will be regarded as a key specialist within the organization, where your advice and output is considered as real added value by your colleagues and clients
• You will be part of a high performance M&A Corporate Finance team of 100 Consultants and Partners
• You will work in a company, deeply committed to your personal development, offering clear career growth opportunities and continuous learning programmes
• You will have the possibility to quickly develop your leadership skills, and be given the opportunity to coach and nurture your colleagues who are ambitious, highly educated and have great team spirit
• You will often work in multidisciplinary and international teams on projects where you have a genuine impact on a client situation
• You will work in the new Deloitte Belgium headquarters situated at Zaventem airport. We also facilitate a flexible way of working, through 14 regional offices and opportunities for working from home when feasible.