Beaulieu International Group (B.I.G.) is a global specialist in raw chemical materials (polymers), semi-finished engineered products (yarns, fibres, technical textiles and technical sheets) and is a leader in a broad range of floor coverings for the residential and commercial markets (vinyl rolls, vinyl planks, laminate, parquet, carpet, needle felt, artificial grass and mats) as well as upholstery fabrics.
Headquartered in Belgium, B.I.G. employs more than 5,000 people across 29 plants, 18 sales and distribution offices, with a major presence in 17 countries all over Eurasia, the Americas and Oceania. The company achieved a 2018 turnover of €2 billion and is serving customers in 140 countries. True to its roots as a family business, B.I.G. puts sustainability, innovation and care for its employees central.
You are reporting to Chief Legal Officer and will work closely with the legal team, as well as with the Group IP manager. A substantial part of the function will consist of intellectual property portfolio management. Tasks include:
- Contract management: communicating with internal clients and external parties; assisting in the creation and signature of agreements, including confidentiality & license agreements; classifying documents; maintaining online databases; monitoring expiry dates of agreements
- IP portfolio management: handling formalities related to BIG’s patent and trademark portfolio; communicating with external agents; managing and updating portfolio lists; maintaining online databases; working with internal clients to obtain decision
- You have a Bachelor of Legal Practice or Bachelor of Office Management with a strong interest in legal/IP matters, or equivalent by experience. Relevant experience in a legal or IP department is a plus
- You are very accurate
- You have the ability to interact with people from a diverse group of people, functions and levels.
- You have good communication skills
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, and very hands-on with online databases in general
- Fluency in English and Dutch. French and/or German is a plus
- A challenging job within an international and innovative environment
- A competitive remuneration with extra-legal benefits
- A broad range of training opportunities
Good knowledge of Dutch and English