Job descriptionWe are looking for an experienced IT Project Manager. The mission of a IT Project Manager is that the company will successfully go through the transition and transformation phase by constantly managing on a day to day basis tasks assignments and successful execution.
He/She will provide relevant information to the program manager to ensure the follow up of budget and scope. He/She will also promptly escalate planning deviations and provide remediation plan to guarantee successful global program delivery.
What you'll do
- As a project manager you will plan and ensure execution of this major project tasks within set timelines and budget by defining and managing the following elements : planning, risks, resources, dependencies and quality.
You will be the guardian of the scope that has been defined in the previous phase.
- You will ensure the complete delivery of the solution by integrating IT, business stakeholders and supplier resource. You will be the trusted companion of your program manager and your sponsor during the whole project, and especially during the steering committees, and provide them with regular and clear project statuses and prepare actively management decisions requested.
- You will work on a Business critical project touching different business areas (utility based) with a broad range of IT applications. You actively pursue and coordinate the end to end implementation of the Target Service Environment by respecting critical milestones as contractually agreed between the supplier and the company.
- You will make sure the necessary resources are available and confirmed by the different capacity managers.
- You will bring guidance and coaching to your business and IT resources (process owners, key users, functional analysts, technical analysts, developers, testers, change agents, etc.) and report on their performance and evolution towards the relevant managers. You will act in a team accountability mode, where you as a PM will be the key spokesperson, working closely with key stakeholders: business process owners, key users, Solution Architects, Business Engagement Managers, and other business units where needed.
- You will ensure that all reports and dashboards always contain the latest information on your project ( WBS, critical path, …..)
- You will always feed the program manager with relevant information for the business case follow up. Time, Budget, Scope and quality must be respected at all times.
- Have successfully ended infrastructure migration projects, including fixed price projects and/or 3rd party sub-contractors management;
- Excellent and proactive organizer with strong tracking and follow-up skills;
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills;
- Able to manage stakeholders;
- Possess client-facing and internal communication skills, both verbal and written;
- Analytics skills & problem solver;
- Able to work in a team accountability environment and able to forge collaboration between suppliers and IT;
- Like to work within a changing environment and under pressure;
- Show discipline and report correctly project status;
- Has leadership skills, even when not hierarchically empowered;
- Prepares for decision, management decision support, including Steerco & Exec reporting;
- SAP architecture knowledge is an asset.
- Master English and at least conversational in Dutch or French;
- Thorough experience in working with project management tools & MS Office
- Ease in project management methodologies, experience in Agile and/or having methodology certification is considered an asset;
- You know the techniques of managing scope-time-budget-quality-risk management;
- Solid technical background, with understanding of infrastructure main components ( Servers physical and virtual, storage, WAN, LAN, firewalls,), main applications and orchestration layers.
- Experience in Utilities is an asset.
- Great educational background, preferably in the fields of computer science or engineering for technical project managers;
- A good general understanding of business context and complex IT projects technologies and systems;
We care about your privacy. Learn how we collect and use your information: www.harveynash.be/privacypolicy.