We are looking for a Mobile Engineer in a start-up company in Antwerp. You will work closely with the product owner and your engineering colleagues in a cross-functional squad build a great experience for the mobile users from scratch.
Your tasks will include:
- Aim to provide great interfaces and high quality user experiences to understand and analyze the lifestyle & driving behavior data
- Enjoy being a generalist working on user interfaces, front end, native languages, and anything it takes to solve problems and delight users
- Uphold best practices in engineering, security, and design
- Attention to detail and user experience
- Take pride in working on projects to successful completion involving a wide variety of technologies and systems
- Enjoy working with a diverse group of people, with a different technical background and focus
- Building and improving our app experience
- Collaborating with designers to develop beautiful interfaces that look great and run smoothly
- Work on our public and private APIs for making data accessible in a secure and performant manner
- Work with data engineers and scientists to track and monitor data quality from the SDK
- You have an academic degree (BSc or MSc) in computer science or a related field, complemented with a minimum of 2 years of working experience.
- Solid knowledge of TypeScript conventions and patterns, both on the frontend and backend
- Solid work experience with the NodeJS ecosystem
- Solid experience with front-end React/React Native framework
- Experience and feeling with social media environments
- You have experience with various testing patterns and supporting frameworks, (Jest, Mocha, Chai, snapshot testing, unit testing)
- Strong understanding of GraphQl and RESTFul services' conventions and architecture
- You can work independently and take matters into your own hands
- The ability to quickly learn new technologies and successfully implement them is essential
- You take pride in delivering high quality, reusable code, and user interfaces
- You know and understand the structural parts of a React application (redux, sagas, react-router/navigation (RN))
- You do not fear css-in-js patterns (RN stylesheets, styled-components, Styled Systems)
- Notions of functional programming patterns in a modern front end (hooks, immutability, pure components, stateless functions,...)
- Work experience with Neo4j, SQL and NoSQL databases
- You know how to improve or set up a modern build and CI/CD pipeline and understand the importance of the different tools involved (webpack, metro, linting, prettier, commit hooks, circle-ci,...
- You know how to use data visualization tools (and libraries like d3.js) for analyzing or debugging data
- Happy to work with (anything).js
Interested to know more? Then feel free to apply with your latest CV.