My client is a company located in the European centre in Brussels (Belgium). The company employs 84 people, has 43 members (countries, experts from various industries, etc) and is considered to be a business catalyst in European industries and consumers. It offers a highly intellectual environment driven by innovation and competitiveness.
Their mission is to foster the European economy in global trading, the welfare of European citizens and the environment.
Through their services they provide platforms for the development of European Standards and other technical specs. Since the continuous growth of the company they are looking to reinforce their activities in the ICT field.
- Contributing to the digital transformation of European Industry, by facilitating the uptake of technical solutions in (a.o) the cybersecurity, artificial intelligence, blockchain domains
- Actively participating in policy related discussion in order to position the company in the ICT standardization landscape (e.g. EC Multi -Stakeholders Platform on ICT, ENISA)
- Pro-actively cooperating in the development of EC/EFTA standardization requests and ensuring their timely execution
- Attending and contributing to relevant seminars and conferences in order to inform about and promote the company technical activities
- Prepare documents for decisions by/recommendation to the relevant governing bodies and ensure proper follow up
- Ensure consistent and coherent contributions to cross-departmental activities, through effective collaboration with other Units
- Facilitating the introduction of innovative topics and/or new initiatives in the standardization work
- Master Degree in Engineering/ Economics/Political Science/Business Administration with a strong interest on ICT related topics
- Understanding the functioning of the European regulatory framework and the surrounding context and the involved stakeholders
- Keeping up with latest technical, policy developments applied to the relevant field of expertise (EU legal requirements, sectoral specific progress, …)
- Pro-active and positive attitude, flexible and adaptable approach to problem solving
- Effective planning, organizational skills and the ability to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to manage simultaneously multiple projects
- Excellent writing, communication and presentation skills
- Fluent in English (written and spoken), other EU language is an asset
- Ability to structure and present complex information in a simple way
- Excellent negotiation and networking skill
- Ability to work in multicultural environment/team and to respond to needs and expectations from divergent stakeholders
- Being familiar with standardization at regional and international level is an asset#quality#standards#regulation#standards officer#standards facilitator#standards advisor#emergent technologies#cybersecurity applications #ICT #artificial intelligence #blockchain #EU #EC#
- My client offers a permanent Belgian contract (no freelance contract allowed) within a company that truly means an added value to European stakeholders.
- You will get the chance to work into a multicultural environment in a cozy and comfortable working space enabling the employees to feel at home while having moments to concentrate or chat!
- The company employs people with responsible skills who are accountable, opened to changes, able to get information and spread the information and at least able to take decision
- The opportunity to develop your skills in an international environment
- An attractive and competitive salary package with a lot of extra legal benefits
ONLY APPLY IF YOU ARE IN POSSESSION OF THE REQUIRED PASSPORT/WORK VISA TO BE ABLE TO WORK IN BELGIUM.THE COMPANY DOES NOT SPONSOR THESE REQUIREMENTS.