Deloitte is a world leading professional services firm, providing accounting and auditing services, management consulting and legal and tax advice. In Belgium we are the largest professional service provider. Our offices offer services to multi-national and large organisations, public institutions and innumerable small, fast-growing companies. Thanks to a strong regional presence and our multi-disciplinary approach, we are ideally placed to meet the requirements of a wide range of public institutions and small and large companies.
Our Deloitte Belgian Tax and Legal practice consists of more than 600 professionals and plays a leading role in the Belgian market as well in the global Deloitte network. Our professionals are specialized in different domains such as Business Tax, Global Tax Compliance, Indirect Tax and Global Employer services.
Our Global Trade Advisory (GTA) team help companies to navigate the complex maze of customs and trade rules, manage compliance risks, automate import & export processes and maximize cost and duty savings opportunities associated with the production, transport, import and export of goods around the world.
We offer services in the following main areas, such as:
- Consulting and business model optimization on tariff classification, country of origin, valuation of imports / exports, excises, duty reliefs, duty preferences / optimization schemes and the like;
- Global trade governance modeling, establishing standard operating procedures and work instructions, incl. AEO readiness governance;
- Business transformation from a global trade point of view;
- Trade compliance & controversy services;
- Sanctions and export controls;
- Global Trade Automation, incl. state-of-the art disruptive technology (blockchain and artificial intelligence solutions).
Our clients are active in all economic sectors, including public administrations and non-profit organizations.
We are looking to expand our Tax Department in Gent/Antwerp with a:
Manager Global Trade Advisory
- As a GTA Manager, you have a primary focus to managing the delivery of global trade consulting services to a portfolio of clients in especially the Ghent and Antwerp area;
- You are involved in the customs and global trade business (development activities) in the Ghent and Antwerp area and you manage multiple relationships with the industry and local authorities / global trade stakeholders;
- You are working alongside specialists from our indirect tax team, as well as other disciplines within our firm;
- You will be coaching and developing a team of GTA professionals, as well as helping to build a team for the Ghent and Antwerp area;
- You report to (senior) directors and/or partners.
- You have a master degree in law or economics, or equivalent by experience. A post-graduate qualification in tax law or supply chain is a strong asset;
- You have excellent communication skills and the mindset of an entrepreneur;
- You have 5-10 years of relevant experience in a similar position (in a consulting or a law firm, at the Tax Authorities, in the industry…);
- You have a strong business network in the Antwerp and Ghent region with the industry (economic operators, chamber of commerce, etc.) and local authorities/ global trade stakeholders (customs authorities, port authorities, etc.);
- You possess high solid analytical skills;
- You have an open, creative, enthusiastic and flexible mindset;
- You are a team player with leadership capacities.
How you’ll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help build world-class skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programmes at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
Your role as a leader
At Deloitte, we believe in the importance of leadership at all levels. We expect our people to embrace and live our purpose by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people and for society, and make an impact that matters. In addition to living our purpose, managers across our organisation:
- Develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities;
- Deliver exceptional client service, maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders;
- Influence clients, teams and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- Understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, align people to objectives and set priorities and direction;
Benefits & what’s in it for you
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organisation. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits.
You’ll work in a collaborative, creative environment where innovation is key. Personal development and growth are encouraged and many unique learning opportunities are offered. You’ll receive an attractive and competitive salary with fringe benefits.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. Every day, Deloitte people are making a real impact in the places they live and work. We pride ourselves on doing not only what is good for clients, but also what is good for our people and the communities in which we live and work—always striving to be an organisation that is held up as a role model of quality, integrity and positive change.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organisation and the business area you’re applying to.