GSK is looking for a
Manager – Downstream (M/F)
Requisition ID: WD187353
As the Downstream Manager, you will be responsible for the management of Drug Substance Downstream within the Technical R&D (TRD) GMP Manufacturing and Clinical Supply unit.
- You will be responsible for activities and resources engaged in the production process and for their continuous optimization as well as manage the day to day clinical vaccines operation downstream.
- You will manage a small team of experienced technicians and operators (workload/ development/ etc.) as well as coordinate manpower targets, resources and skills.
- You will coordinate support services activities related to GMP production.
- It will be your responsibility to evaluate capacities (employees and equipment) necessary for the completion of the production plan and ensure that the facility and equipment are appropriately designed and the employees are trained accordingly to ensure production activities as well as to facilitate transfer of new processes.
- You will make sure that the facility is properly managed in accordance with highest quality standards including all Security and (Bio) Safety aspects.
- You will ensure compliance of the operations with GMP and Authorities requirements. This will include monitoring quality of the production in close collaboration with QC and take corrective actions when necessary.
- You will be responsible to implement the Operational Excellence Process in the facility.
- You will apply the recommended processes and continuously anticipates potential improvements of the current processes while assuring compliance with the Change Management procedures.
- Last but not least, you will ensure compliance EHS standards and policies.
- Knowledge of Downstream (Purification and Filtration) processes is an asset.
- Knowledge in biological processes and bio-pharmaceuticals technologies is a plus.
- Experience in Project Management, prioritization and KPI deliverables would help you in this role.
- Master and/or Engineering degree (or previous related experience).
- At least 3 to 4 years previous experience in vaccines or related production unit.
- GMP knowledge for biological products is a MUST.
- People management experience is necessary for this role.
- Fluent in English & French are a MUST.
At GSK we value diversity and treat all candidates equally. We aim to create an inclusive workplace where all employees feel engaged, supportive of one another, and know their work makes an important contribution.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application/selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements you will have the opportunity to let us know what specific assistance you require. This will help us to make suitable arrangements to support you throughout our selection process.
GSK is a science-led global healthcare company with a special purpose: to help people do more, feel better, live longer.
We have 3 global businesses that research, develop and manufacture innovative pharmaceutical medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products.
Vaccines – Our Vaccines business has a broad portfolio and innovative pipeline of vaccines to protect people of all ages. We deliver over two million vaccine doses per day to people living in over 160 countries.
For further information, please visit www.gsk.com.
Patient-focused Research and Development (R&D) is the heart of our business. Our R&D department seeks to discover and develop new vaccines, to protect against diseases where vaccines are not yet available and to improve on those vaccines that already exist. Part of our R&D programme targets diseases particularly prevalent in the developing world, including the World Health Organization’s three priority diseases - HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria. Research into candidate vaccines for other diseases of the developing world, such as dengue are at an earlier stage of development.
When it comes to developing the vaccines of the future, we’re looking for real experts in their respective fields who are interested in working in the stimulating environment of an international healthcare company. We emphasize the value of teamwork and we look for people ready to share our values of transparency, respect, integrity and patient focus.
At GSK we provide a supportive working environment, and a range of development challenges and opportunities. We also offer competitive benefits and compensation packages designed to attract and to retain the very best.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Tags: manager, management, supervisor, research and development, coordinate, coordinator, facility management, facility manager, compliance, biological process, project management, project manager, people management, people manager, R&D, directeur, gestion, superviseur, recherche et développement, coordination, coordinateur, gestion des installations, responsable des installations, conformité, processus biologiques, gestion de projet, gestionnaire de projet, gestion des personnes, gestionnaire des personnes, onderzoek en ontwikkeling, coördinaat, coördinator, facility management, facility manager, compliance, biologisch proces, projectmanagement, projectmanager