GSK is looking for a
Local Procurement Facilities MRO Capital Senior Manager (M/F)
Requisition ID: WD187020
- The Local Procurement Indirects Manager – Belgium (LPIM BE) partners with the local Site teams in order to drive and support across all the dimensions of Indirects Procurement delivery and with the Global category Indirects teams.
- At a strategic level, the Local Procurement Indirects Manager – Belgium leads the alignment with the Belgium Procurement Site Leadership Team and with the customer department/MPU leadership team; ensures the Site business needs and priorities are well understood and supported from Global Category Procurement teams and contributes, directly or indirectly, to the strategic management of key suppliers.
- From a more tactical perspective, the Local Procurement Indirects Manager – Belgium leads the local Procurement team of indirects in the operational management of activities, implementation of sourcing strategies and other global projects.
- They also ensure that the daily needs and transactional activities are executed in accordance with GSK’s policies and SOPs and that the communication provided to the local Procurement team and the stakeholder community is relevant and effective.
The Local Procurement Indirects Manager – Belgium is a delivery-orientated value creating partner. Someone who is well connected to the business and has the strong people relationships necessary to make things happen to create value. It’s someone that is so well connected that they find things out, they get to know things from various sources and then they put two and two together to make five. It’s someone who can connect the dots. Who can challenge collaboratively and lead others to deliver the value.
Your responsibilities are:
- Develop and propose long and short-term plans to improve Procurement processes in order to enhance the overall performance of the Site.
- Provide leadership in the implementation of new processes.
- Implement Global Procurement processes, policies, guidelines, strategies locally and ensure compliance.
- Managing interfaces between Procurement and the Site, balancing the expectations of both Procurement and Site stakeholders.
- Understanding different perspectives and satisfying the needs and expectations of all stakeholders, both within Procurement and the Site.
- Ensure the Site requirements are taking into account within the definition and implementation of Global Category strategies.
- Development and robust implementation of Procurement strategies for local categories of spend that clearly meet business requirements.
- Lead the Procurement function at Site ( Manufacturing Indirects and Capex).
- Develop and manage the Site supply base to meet GSK’s requirements: assurance of supply, quality, regulatory, service, cost, and innovation to control costs in a fast-moving environment.
- Adapt and respond to regularly changing business requirements.
- Manage the development of a long-term vision for all local purchasing categories to support the growth of GSK.
- Ensure the approval of this long-term vision by local key stakeholders.
- For specific Categories, actively negotiate contracts.
- Reduce the Directs, Manufacturing Indirects and Capex costs of the site.
- Support the reduction of end-to-end total costs of the Site.
- Influence the balance sheet of the Site through development and robust implementation of best Procurement practices.
- Balancing both strategic and operational requirements.
- Any interruption of supply results in immediate and extended impact on GSK revenue stream.
- Co-ordinate support from multiple Category teams and working within a matrix organization.
- Manage relationships with other Procurement staff remotely.
- Secure the supply chain through integrating a risk management approach as a foundation of Procurement mission.
- Evaluate and mitigate risk associated with long standing local suppliers and single sourcing.
- Responsible to select, train, supervise, develop and evaluate local buyers.
- Lead and motivate team members towards the pursuit of operational excellence and attainment of best practices.
- In addition, promote empowerment and process ownership.
- Significant experience working in a matrix business environment.
- Ability to work in high pressure environment, often under tight deadlines.
- Deep financial acumen.
- Strong acumen of corporate business norms and requirements needed; broad understanding of Procurement activities needed; ability to adapt quickly to new topics and responsibilities.
- In depth understanding of external environment & supplier relationship models.
- Exceptional communication and influencing skills across internal GSK teams and external suppliers globally.
- Demonstrated success in leading and improving outsourced services and projects to meet and improve the needs of business.
- Ability to operate and influence across all business units and across multiple disciplines.
- Master in Procurement, Supply Chain, Engineering, Finance.
- Minimum 5-8 years of operational Procurement experience across multiple categories of spend and some experience of regulated environments.
- Good knowledge of Procurement tools such as sourcing, quotation analysis, contract negotiation, supplier review, supplier development and others.
- Demonstrated team leadership and ability to motivate and inspire colleagues, and work in partnership with others to drive, implement and support change.
- Demonstrated ability to manage sensitive customer partnerships, strong influencing and stakeholder partnering skills coupled with excellent negotiation and communication skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – fluent English.
- Good knowledge of finance (cost benchmark & financial audit with key supplier) and legal matters (contracting).
- Risk management expertise.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Tags: procurement, procurement manager, procurement management, business strategy, strategic planning, process development, process implementation, risk management, negotiate, supply chain, engineer, engineering, finance, approvisionnement, directeur des achats, gestion des achats, stratégie commerciale, planification stratégique, développement de processus, implémentation de processus, gestion des risques, négociation, chaîne d’approvisionnement, ingénieur, ingénierie, finances, aankoop, aankoopbeheer, bedrijfsstrategie, strategische planning, procesontwikkeling, procesimplementatie, risicobeheer, onderhandelen, ingenieur, engineering, financiën