Our client, a leading Belgian property development company, is looking for a in-house legal counsel.
Our client is a leading Belgian property development company which covers four lines of activity: Office, Residential, Retail and Services.
Our client is looking to recruit a Legal Counsel responsible for providing legal advice in support of the full range of business activities conducted by the company.
As Legal Counsel you will report to the Legal & Tax Manager and will be responsible for:
- Implementation, coordination and negotiations of standard contracts with various stakeholders (architects, engineers, banks, etc.)
- Analyzing the legal documentation related to the real estate projects, notably in the context of due diligence;
- Implementation of company structures within the framework of new projects: drafting contracts with the various partners (e.g., collaboration agreement, shareholders' agreements) and managing the corporate housekeeping.
- Risk management within the framework of new projects
- Participating in various internal meetings (with real estate developers, project managers, finance, sales, etc.) and external (with purchasers, architects, public institutions, lawyers, notaries, etc.)
- Follow up on disputes in collaboration with external counsels
- Monitoring the implementation of insurance in collaboration with the insurance department
As Legal Counsel, you fit with the following requirements:
- Master degree in Law
- 3 to 5 years of experience in real estate law preferably in a well-known law firm
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in Dutch and English (the knowledge of French is an asset)
- Strong communication skills and ability to coordinate multiple internal and external interlocutors;
- Ability to ask the good questions to the right interlocutors, and to act as a positive persuasive force to design projects and to motivate their implementation
- Ability to keep one eye on the big picture and the other on the details
- Rigorousness and organization skills (the position will require handling many different actors).