Our client, a major Telecom operator, is looking for a legal counsel with a strong experience in ICT law.
Our client is an international telecom company managing and integrating complex international telecommunication services and IT solutions for its multinational customers in their digital transformation.
Our client offers a very diverse portfolio, such as traditional telecommunication services and solutions for the digitalization of multinationals (cloud infrastructure, IT developments, Internet of Things, virtualization of workstations, Big Data, E- health, Cyber-security).
The Legal Counsel will be responsible for providing all legal advice and assistance in respect of any activity worldwide, ensuring maximum protection of our client's rights and interests as well as legal compliance under local laws.
The Legal Counsel will act as Business Partner and provide strong executive and legal support to the respective members of the senior management team or the Country Managers in the sub- region of his/her responsibility. Travel may be required (including international travel).
The position will be based in Brussel and will report to the Head of Legal (also based in Brussel).
- Prepare, review, and negotiate all contractual documentation (from RFP to final contract sign-off) in relation to any direct or indirect sales and network operations, including for complex multi-jurisdictional opportunities.
- Provide legal support for the negotiation of supplier agreements for the country/sub-region.
- Work in tight cooperation with other legal experts within the Group (especially Competition Law, Security, Data protection departments) as required.
- Effectively manage all litigation matters and disputes, include developing and implementing appropriate risk-mitigation strategies. Review and validate end-of year settlements. Manage transversal projects within the Legal and Regulatory teams and where necessary set up of corporate vehicles providing a solution to address regulatory restrictions.
- Maintain proper corporate secretarial records of the entities in the country/sub- region of his/her responsibility to ensure legal compliance with local laws and coordinate with the relevant Paralegal to ensure that the country database is kept up-to-date. Consolidate/restructure existing legal entities in the country/sub-region.
- Implement all policies, processes and procedures of the Legal & Regulatory Department set by General Counsel and/or Chief Counsel in the country/sub-region of his/her responsibility.
- Select, liaise with and manage outside counsel.
- Qualified lawyer or Legal counsel (LLM) with a minimum of 5 years of experience in within a company or a law firm.
- Significant experience in ICT law, commercial/transactional negotiations and corporate law.
- Significant experience in cross-border and multi-juridictionalk transactions
- Fluency in English