- Legal Counsel EMEA
- International leading company located in Brussels.
Our client is an international leading company operating in the energy sector and offering various services in more than 20 countries.
Our client is looking to recruit a Legal Counsel who will be responsible for providing legal support for the Benelux region.
- Provide strong executive and legal support to the Country Managers and other members of the local management teams on all business operations and activities of our client.
- Provide legal advice to sales, in particular prepare, review, negotiate and finalize all contractual documentation.
- Provide legal advice to other departments within the company on any matters that are legal in nature (e.g. HR, Sourcing, General Service's departments.)
- Managing all claims and litigations in different jurisdictions in order to defend the interests of the group
- Work in tight cooperation with other legal experts within the Group as required.
- Supervise corporate secretariat and corporate restructuring activities performed by the subsidiaries' Paralegal to ensure compliance of our client entities with local laws.
- Effectively manage all litigation matters and disputes, including developing and implementing appropriate risk-mitigation strategies.
- Select, liaise with and manage outside counsels.
- Minimum 5 years of experience within the legal department of a large multinational company and/or international law firm of established reputation.
- Fluent in English, French and/or Dutch
- Business-oriented, pro-active, pragmatic and commercial in outlook;
- Capacity to work in project mode;
- Strong leadership skills;
- Flexible, open to changes, able to anticipate and quick to adapt to a fast-growing, fast-evolving and challenging environment;
- Works well under pressure.
- An international leading company environment
- A competitive remuneration package
- A dynamic legal team that advises and supports the business of a growing international group of companies.