As Legal advisor you will apply your knowledge and experience in finance and asset management to all legal aspects of the marketing, distribution and sales support in relation to investment services and investment funds.
fOur client is an asset manager and pioneer and leader in sustainable investments, operating in more than 20 countries throughout Europe, UK, US and Middle East and providing investment solutions in several key areas: bonds, equities, absolute performance strategies, and asset allocation.
Within the Legal Department and more particularly the team Marketing, Distribution and Sales support
- you monitor, from a legal point of view and on an ongoing basis, the laws, regulations and market practices in home state countries of the group and other relevant countries
- you analyze the impact of legislative and regulatory changes on the marketing of the investment funds and investment services and advise accordingly all departments/persons concerned;
- you draft, negotiate and follow-up on discretionary portfolio management/advisory agreements in collaboration
- you co-centralize within the team the follow-up of all Requests for Proposals (RFPs);
- you do the legal follow-up of the regulatory commercial guidelines applicable to any marketing document and action as well as support the departments (Client Relations and Sales teams, the Communication department,…) in any legal matters related to the marketing activities of the group
- you will interact with a network of external law firms for the follow-up of legal and regulatory requirements
- You possess a Law degree and have an experience of at least five years in a similar function within finance or asset management (e.g. knowledge of impact of MIFID in marketing activities)
- You have a passion of implementing Finance/Banking Law and all marketing related aspects thereof in the day-to-day practice
- You are ready to travel from time to time in order to meet other team members
- You are a team-player who possesses first-class communication and negotiation qualities;
- You have strong organizational skills to anticipate and respect tight deadlines;
- You have an eye for detail and proven administrative skills;
- You are fluent in English and at least one of national languages (French or Dutch).
Competitive salary package with fringe benefits