We are currently looking for a Junior System Engineer for a permanent contract in the South of Brussels. You will collaborate in a team of Engineer in the IT Infrastructure department.
Your main tasks will be:
- To handle incident management for & provide support to our internal customers
- To manage and improve the ICT infrastructure of the office
(both on-premise as cloud infrastructure)
Day to day work contains:
- Follow up of Service Desk requests
- Follow up business-critical monitoring
- Management and configuration of the O365 & SharePoint Cloud infrastructure
- Management and configuration of the active network components (switches, wi-fi) for the office
- Management and configuration of the firewall and therefore responsible for the general security of the network
- Create and maintain accurate system documentation
- Endpoint asset management: purchase and lifecycle management
- Management of the backup and recovery systems
- 3+ years of experience as a system and/or network administrator
- Customer focus: provide high quality of service
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (English mandatory + Dutch or French)
- Able to write technical documentation in English.
- Able to work as a team member with a flexible attitude, in an organized way.
- Proven experience of O365, Exchange Online & SharePoint; including automation using PowerShell
- Proven experience in configuring and managing endpoint devices using current Windows & MacOS versions
- Good knowledge in administering Windows Active directory 2008 (or above) and DNS.
- Good knowledge of one virtualization technology: VMWARE a plus
- Knowledge in firewall management.
Experience with Watchguard firewall products a plus.
- Basic knowledge of backup/restore management software.
Knowledge with Arcserv, Veeam or Backup Exec software is a plus.
- Knowledge of AWS Cloud solutions is a plus.