Who are we?
Everis is a multinational consultancy company, employing over 17.000 professionals world-wide. Within the International Institutions we have framework contracts with European Institutions like: European Commission; European Parliament; European Court of Auditors; Europol; NATO; Court of Justice; EPO; European Council, United Nations, etc
We are looking for an IT infrastructure specialist to work for a project at European Commission.
- Integration of hardware, operating system and application software for Windows workstations, smartphones, media tablets and servers (Windows and Linux), resulting in "Reference Configurations" for desktop, laptops, hybrid mobile devices (e.g. convertibles), smartphones, media tablets, servers and remote desktop servers.
- System integration testing.
- Development of automated system installation procedures for Windows 7 Enterprise and Windows 10, iOS, Android, Windows Server 2012 R2, 2008 R2 and more recent versions.
- Second level technical support for the abovementioned configurations and system installation procedures.
- Pro-active follow up on the technology advances of the abovementioned technologies
- Product evaluations for the mobile platform's administration and management tools, including market survey, technical evaluation, testing and preparation of technical reports.
- Installation and configuration of smartphones and tablets.
- Development of technical documentation (compilation of user guides, documentation of procedures, evaluation reports, etc.).
- problem understanding, specifications, flowcharts
- program analysis, development, testing and maintenance (to create installations scripts and related utilities)
- preparation of project descriptions, functional specifications, technical specifications.
- writing technical documentation
- activity management and task/project status reporting
- team management
- reengineering / tuning of the development process flow
- Expert Knowledge of iOS
- Expert Knowledge of Android
- Expert Knowledge in Mobile Device Management platforms
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows operating systems family (Windows 7 Enterprise and Windows 10, Windows Server 2012 R2, 2008 R2 and more recent versions)
- Knowledge of networking (TCP/IP, VPN), Windows networking and the Active Directory (Group Policies etc.)
- Knowledge of at least one scripting/batch language for the Windows environment, in particular Powershell.
- Knowledge of Windows installation and deployment tools, based on scripting and cloning techniques.
- Knowledge of PC hardware and of x86 server hardware.
- Knowledge of Red Hat Enterprise Linux, POSIX/SUS V3 and open source software
- Ability to pro-actively follow the technology progress and make sound recommendations based on that
- You will have the opportunity to work in an international and multi-cultural environment.
- You will be able to work for interesting European projects that is managed by European Commission.
- You will receive a nice compensation and benefits according to your level.
- Freelancers are welcomed as well
In case you are interested, we are looking forward to meeting you.