Deloitte’s Cyber Risk Services has a dedicated international information protection and privacy team responsible for providing innovative and pragmatic information privacy and protection services.
We are now looking for an enthusiastic
Information Privacy (Senior) Manager
- You will be part of the management team of the EMEA Information Privacy Centre of excellence operating out of Brussels, Belgium. You will take a leading rule on business development and eminence building, assisting and supporting directly the EMEA Privacy leader in managing and continuously developing our international and national privacy products and services. As such, you will be responsible for assisting our clients with innovative and pragmatic solutions to their information privacy and information protection challenges.
- You are able to provide genuine thought leadership towards both clients and your peers in the network as well as work with regulators and other privacy and ICT related work groups and associations. As such, you will be a leader in providing eminence in the area of not only information privacy/protection but also relating to information governance and management.
- You will actively drive a cross-disciplinary team, building client-focused solutions to ensure our clients can take full advantage of all our skills in relation to the data lifecycle and its privacy, governance and cyber challenges. You will be a facilitator in turning these challenges into opportunities for our clients. You will work closely with our cyber experts as well as with our analytics and information management teams in order to provide expert guidance on the information privacy aspects of different client data processing practices in data rich environments such e.g. Cloud applications (CRM, HR etc.), document retention projects, data leakage prevention programs, security monitoring, data breach notification, data analytics and information management instances, etc.
- You will be responsible for ensuring the coordination and execution of multi-disciplinary and international privacy related projects while ensuring the highest standards with respect to quality of our advice. In addition to these international privacy projects, you will assist the partner in charge with supervision and growth of the Deloitte Belgian and EMEA Information privacy team, thereby acting as both entrepreneur as well as coach and quality controller.
- Legal and Regulatory requirements are changing rapidly in our evolving work market and are becoming more stringent. You will advise our clients on complicated regulatory issues and help them to translate and integrate these new regulations into pragmatic solutions both in their internal organization as in their privacy and ICT related contractual environment.
- You will be responsible for attracting and retaining talent while leading clearly by example. Being a leader of a fastly growing and diverse group of skilled people, you will ensure that, together with our HR group, we continue to develop innovative ways to enhance both retention and recruitment of qualified people so that our Information Privacy work environment simply remains irresistible for our people.
- Specific hands on advisory experience in providing pragmatic advice in privacy and/or data protection related projects (both national and international)
- Your background will be preferably (but not necessarily) in Legal, Compliance or IT/Security but with a willingness to expand your knowledge to other domains related to privacy and information protection
- Minimum 8 years experience, either as in-house or external information privacy or information protection professional
- Besides strictly Privacy and/or ICT operational, legal and/or compliance skills/notions, also need for a strong interest in risk management analysis as well as possessing a strong eagerness to “push the envelope” and think outside the box while demonstrating strong communication, entrepreneurial and leadership skills
- Excellent knowledge of English, Dutch and/or French is a must; Knowledge of other languages is a strong advantage
- Team spirit: True willingness and ability to work as part of an integrated, enthusiastic and international multi-disciplinary team.
- Flexible and well developed sense of initiative, able to take responsibility for own workload and drive a multi-disciplinary and multi-national group forward
- You truly excel in not only reaching out to new clients but also to ensure and nurture building long-lasting relationships with existing clients. You are able to easily be recognized as a truly trusted advisor to senior management functions within our clients. You thrive on ensuring the highest quality and ethical standards in your client advice and relations.
- A truly international and enthusiastic atmosphere with a very person centric approach truly stimulating genuine personal development
- Real autonomy and support to prove your entrepreneurial skills and build and enhance your own areas of interest
- A fully established and ambitious information privacy team with a proven track record of being a leader in both the EMEA region as well as the international Deloitte network with great growth potential
- Attractive and competitive remuneration and fringe benefits
- Real and unlimited career perspectives
- Possibility to work for a mixture from innovative SME’s to well known blue chip companies across EMEA region and easy access to such clients through well established peer network within Deloitte