- International life sciences company in Brussels
- Internal compliance: AML, anti-bribery, code of conduct, code of ethics, etc.
Our client is an international life sciences company which provides a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries.
Our client is looking to recruit a Group Compliance Officer who will be responsible for supporting the company's continuous compliance efforts by further developing, implementing and maintaining the compliance program.
The Legal counsel will notably be responsible for:
- Implementing and monitoring existing compliance policies
- Giving advice and trainings on compliance matters and policies
- Identify and assess compliance risks
- Strengthen the existing compliance program
- Monitoring relevant developments in all fields of compliance
Your daily work will comprise the following:
- Giving compliance related advice
- Practical implementation of various compliance codes and policies, such as the Code of Ethics, the Bribery Policy
- Defining and operating compliance related workflows and processes
- Monitoring and evaluation of compliance risks
- Raise compliance awareness through staff training
- Monitor the global whistleblowing contact point and follow up on reported incidents
- Support local business in building up their compliance structures
- Conduct compliance audits;
You will travel to other office locations as required and collaborate with teams globally in a virtual setting.
- Master degree in Law, business administration, compliance or similar direction
- 3 to 6 years of work experience in compliance, audit, regulation or similar fields, with demonstrable experience in compliance management
- Expertise in national and European compliance laws and global practices
- Experience in data protection, competition law or capital markets compliance would be an asset
- Demonstrable communication skills.
- Ability to work largely autonomously with limited direct supervision
- Eagerness to build and develop compliance structures in an international environment
- Ability to identify and communicate potential risk areas to management
- Fluency in English, knowledge of French and/or German would be an asset
- Working in a fast growing organization
- Career in the multi-national, multicultural environment
- Independent position with wide range of responsibilities
- Unique opportunity to lead/ take part in international projects and gain experience with various businesses