Our client is globally active in developing and integrating end-to-end telecom and telematics solutions, and is one of the world's leading providers of embedded computer technology.
Job Description :
You will be working in our client’s front office department, part of the bigger internal R&D department. The R&D department is responsible for :
- Development of embedded software for driver consoles, validators and board computers in public transport vehicles;
- Implementation AFC and ITCS business logic;
- Integration with our back office components;
- Interfacing with various different connected hardware systems.
You will cooperate in the development of an application that is written in JAVA and C++;
You will think along with the other colleagues about the technical design and further evolution and/or improvement of the application and system;
You will support the customer facing team when necessary;
You will report directly to your teamleader and to the R&D manager.
- You have at least a bachelor degree in IT, or profound equivalent practical experience;
- As a passionate developer, you have advanced knowledge of Java 11, and you feel comfortable with a Linux environment;
- You are used to work in an Agile/Scrum environment;
- You have experience with multi-threaded applications;
- Having some experience with embedded software and/or with OSGi is definitely a strong plus, same with having some experience with SpringBoot and/or with Micronaut;
- You engage to deliver quality code using best practices such as Unit Tests and rigorous refactoring;
- You are a teamplayer who provides help to his teammates and asks for help when needed, and you take ownership of the tasks assigned to you;
- You are eager to learn and you can adapt quickly to a changing environment,
- You are Fluent in English. Having at least some basic knowledge of Dutch and/or French is a strong plus.
The dynamic environment of a global market leader, with a lot of challenges;
Workplace in Zaventem;
A competitive package including a company car with fuel card, group- & health insurance, meal vouchers and additional holidays.