We are looking for a Front End Developer for a long term mission in Brussels.
On daily basis you will build user friendly web and mobile applications using modern front-end frameworks. Work in a team with back-end developers and domain experts. Help defining a Corporate Style guide for web and mobile application to ensure consistency through projects while delivering optimal user experience.
- Excellent in HTML5 and writing cross browser compatible code
- Hands on programming experience with front-end frameworks Angular and React
- You have experience using secure coding techniques, OWASP TOP10
- Extensive experience with style sheet languages such as CSS, SASS, LESS
- You have experience with NodeJS-based build & development tools including Webpack and Angular CLI
- Familiarity with REST, JSON, Authentication protocols and techniques (SAML, OAuth)
- You have a test first mindset (TDD) and thus good knowledge of various testing frameworks such as Karma, Jasmine, Protractor,...
- Skilled in creating stylish and user friendly user interfaces
- Excellent knowledge of browser troubleshooting and debugging practices
- Familiarity with source control tools, preferably Git/Bitbucket
- In depth understanding of the entire web application development process (design, development and deployment)
- Ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment
- Inquisitive and analytical mind;
- Proven ability to work in a multi-cultural multi-functional environment where consensus is critical for success;
- Customer and end-user focused;
- Excellent oral and written communications skills;
- Conceptual thinking: Understands the underlying issues in most situations and relates some similarities between situations that are not obviously connected through the use of concepts, models or previous experiences;
- Seeking Information: Frequently identifies information gaps that are not immediately apparent and selects appropriate sources of information;
- Forming Relationships: Develops good working relationships with internal contacts in immediate organisation;
- Teamwork: Contributes actively, both in practical terms and by promoting shared values and mutual respect, to the achievement of goals by teams which sometimes include people with varying types & levels of skills;
- Is able to both work independent and in team concept
- English and dutch speaking
Nice to haves
- Experience with Atlassian Tools (JIRA, Confluence, BitBucket, Bamboo)
- Familiarity with other front-end frameworks such as Vue, Ember, JQuery,...
- Development experience with NativeScript and/or React Native
- Knowledge of back-end framework Spring Boot
- Experience with Mobile development: Cordova, iOS, Android, Windows Phone (WinJS)
- Awareness of Real-Time communication through WebSockets
- You have some experience within Content Management Systems (Drupal)
- Having a thorough understanding of Domain Driven Design
Interested or intrigued ? Don't hesitate to apply to find out more!