The Category Specialist is responsible for the sourcing, initial negotiation and reordering process of product categories including inventory management, special actions and follow up of purchasing issues.
Our client is a leading retail organization with businesses located all around Europe.
The European Central Services, located in Belgium are providing a full range of services to support the local retail organisations located in each country where the Group has operations (France, Benelux, Germany etc.).
Inside this organization, the European Distribution Center (EDC) plays the key role of centralizing the purchase, the stocking, the picking/Packing/Shipping of products according to an agreed SLA (Service Level Agreement).
Full responsibility on main categories at Group level :
- Supplier Evaluation, Selection & Management (including meeting on site and, if necessary on premises)
- Initial negotiation including all the purchasing parameters and future contacts with the suppliers.
- Budgeting of his/her product categories based on product consumption and forecasting.
- Product range selection based on requirements set by the business experts and other stake holders
- Initial ordering of the product ranges and reordering
- Inventory management ensuring that the level of stock is optimal for supplying the business and avoiding excess
- Product Information & Quality follow up based on feedback of various stake holder at central level and in the territories
- Communication about product availability to the local Marketing and logistic managers.
- Production of reports, analyses and comments on scrap, returns, wastage
- Optimization the purchasing parameters including purchasing prices, delivery terms, inventories, backorders, payment terms.
- Education : High school degree or Bachelor or equivalent by experience. A technical background is regarded as an asset.
- With growth potential M/F with 7 years professional experience in a purchasing environment
- Structured and stress resistant
- Able to work in a Team
- Internal & External Customer driven with hands-on mentality.
- Results oriented and quality minded in an environment that you want to improve continuously.
- Good communicator in English (spoken & written), Dutch (spoken & Written), French (spoken, preferably written) & German (spoken and preferably written)
- Practical experience in shoe/leather products and technics (not compulsory)
Computer literate with good knowledge of Ms Office Tools, ERP's (preferably Navision Business Dynamics) and linked reporting tools and able to learn to use new software's.
- Interim Management Project - Middle Management
- Lenght of the project : 3 months (extendable) via Michael Page.
- Location : Oost-Vlaanderen area (East Flanders).