Together for Better is the corporate motto of Reynaers and reflects the identity of this Belgian family company. Driven by innovation and entrepreneurship, the international group Reynaers is always focusing on partners to realize sustainable growth together.
Reynaers, active in more than 70 countries worldwide, is a leading specialist in the development, distribution and commercialization of innovative and sustainable architectural applications in aluminum and steel.
All activities of the companies of Reynaers are aimed at increasing the value of buildings and improving the living and working environment of people, with specific focus on sustainability and design. Technological innovation, automation and digital transformation are the cornerstones for the development of state-of-the-art products and services.
The Reynaers Campus is the corporate headquarters of Reynaers, located in Duffel (Belgium). The Campus is the inspiring and dynamic work environment of the Reynaers employees and a place for partners to experience the latest products and innovations in full interactivity.
As a Development Expert you are responsible for the realisation and follow-up a variety of development projects, especially focused on curtain wall (façade) systems.
- You follow-up closely the development projects with regard to planning, quality (technical aspects), product price, master the risks and take the necessary measures in case of problems, and this from development request up to and including commercialisation.
- You will translate the technical challenges into the most optimum and efficient solutions in 3D in Autodesk Inventor. To make this happen, you validate your ideas through experiments, using our Tech Lab and 3D printer as well as testing life size setups in our unique test facility (test wall of 15m height) as well as testing facilities abroad.
- You also make sure that all documentation & information related to market introduction and support of your development is correct and available at launch.
- You collaborate closely with the senior experts, suppliers & product management to make sure the Reynaers systems are realised timely and within specifications. You continuously liaise with key partners both internally and externally.
- You ensure the products remain at the forefront of the industry. You take initiative and formulate improvements towards technical high-end/state-of-the-art solutions. Within your own field of expertise, curtain wall, you make suggestions towards Product Management on possible innovations and/or improvements.
This role suits a Mechanical Design Engineer who is proficient with CAD Design software and looking for progression and technical development opportunities within a market leading company.
- You hold a master’s degree, and have already gained 5 years experience in Mechanical Design
- You have an excellent knowledge of structural calculations and/or manufacturing technologies for different materials (aluminium, steel, polymers, elastomers, rubber, ...)
- Experience in the construction environment? That is a plus.
- You master design software like Autocad and / or Inventor.
You will be a great fit for our team:
- You have a strong innovative mindset. You are ambitious and result-oriented, you take initiative and work proactively.
- Thanks to your focus on details, you work very precise.
- You always take into account the cost and price.
- You have good communication & presentation skills in English and are able to communicate fluently with all levels in the organization.
- You want to work in an international environment.
Reynaers is the specialist in sustainable architectural solutions. We are making the switch to Industry 4.0 and with digital tools we help our clients to do the same.
- A pleasant and dynamic working atmosphere with a new challenge every day.
- The opportunity to leave your mark on the future, at a socially responsible and sustainable company that draws the card from innovation and digital technology.
- The opportunity to develop yourself and to follow professional training courses.
- A competitive salary and numerous fringe benefits, in exchange for your expertise and commitment.
- A mobility plan that gives you the opportunity to move easily, healthily and green to work.