We are looking for someone who has a proven ability to follow written procedures and can communicate well with customers, peers and managers. Candidates should be a proven self-starter, detailed oriented, have excellent customer service and technical troubleshooting skills.
The position will require an individual to solve customer support issues by visiting the end-user's location. The technician will be physically located at the customer's facility providing support in an office or manufacturing environment that will consist of standard PC hardware and software troubleshooting. Depending on the location assignment, desk side support could include remote sites that in some cases may require travel.
• 2+ years of experience providing desk side support.
• Proficient troubleshooting skills that includes hardware, software, and other break/fix issues which might include printing, networking, file shares, etc.
• Printer support can include barcode printers, various types of scanners
• Ability to resolve Windows XP and Windows7 Operating System Issues and Errors
• Basic Network troubleshooting skills and knowledge (mainly Cisco)
• Proficient in the latest Microsoft Office Applications (2007 and higher)
• Understanding of Symantec Endpoint
• Customer infrastructure support (wiring and connectivity)
• Proficient in Microsoft Active Directory
• Maintain and abide with compliance activities (these activities are driven from a central compliance group)
• Experience with Computer asset tracking and lease management
• Experience with user network shares creation
• Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical audiences
• Strong sense of customer service
• Good organizational skills
• Excellent Verbal and Written Communication Skills in Dutch, French and English
• Ability to shift through technical issues and know what to do next and/or when to escalate for help
• Technical degree or equivalent experience
• Ability to multi-task
• Team-oriented / team player / ability to share ideas as well as listen to ideas
• Some experience with support and administration of telephones (PBX and/or VoIP system)
• Ability to walk and bend and perform labor-related duties of connecting computer equipment