For one of our client in Brussels, we are looking for a medior/senior database engineer.
Employment type : permanent
Location : Brussels
Start date : ASAP
Your major challenge now is to be actively involved in the migration of our servers from our premises (legacy) system to our new cloud based microservices one.
Your main tasks will be:
- To design, set up, manage, and improve the AWS cloud-based data services
- To maintain MS SQL databases on premise (optimization, DRP…)
- To choose the right data model and Database engine for the right purpose (OLAP / OLTP)
- To analyze and propose solutions to help the IT team to achieve its goals
This role also includes :
- Design, setup, configuration, support, and maintenance of database services (AWS)
- MS SQL optimization and maintenance.
- Automation of AWS environment deployment via scripting
- Creation and update accurate system documentation
- Follow-up of technical problems with our business units, developers, external partners, and providers
- 5 years of experience as a DBA
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English (required) and either Dutch or French.
- Strong technical writing skills in English to provide the teams with clear and efficient documentation
- Willingness to work as a team member with a flexible attitude and in an organized way
- Willingness to work outside business hours on some occasions
- High affinity with public cloud environments
- Ability to work in an Agile environment
- Willingness to learn new technologies and to face challenges
- Strong experience with MS SQL databases
- Experience with AWS data cloud services (DynamoDB, Redshift, ElasticSearch, Glue)
- Experience with the GIT version-control system is a plus
- Experience with noSQL is a plus
- Knowledge of SSIS and ETL tools is a plus