Our client is looking for a driven Data engineer to strengthen their current BI team.
As a Data Engineer, it is your job to correctly extract the various data sources and possibly supplement them with external data so that this data can be used for Data Analyzes and Insights.
In this position you report to the Data Project Manager.
Your main tasks are:
- Analyze and understand different (external) data sources according to use, quality and completeness.
- Drawing up, developing and supporting new and existing semantic layers and / or cubes needed for creating dashboards and analytical reports.
- Linking and integrating data from different data sources for making statistical and in-depth analyzes, scoring models, cluster analyzes, behavioral insights, ...
- Detecting correlations between different data sets that provide new insights with which existing processes can be optimized or which can lead to new business opportunities.
- Make all relevant data available in visual and factual reports to support the various business units in making their decisions.
- Set up models based on known data so that they can be applied to anonymous data sets (look-alikes, etc.).
- Advising which external data sources can be additional to increase the value of the datasets and analyzes.
- Documenting the AS-IS situation so that strategic options can be properly assessed based on impact.
- Contribute to the improvement and adaptation of both business and IT processes, as well as the existing BI platform.
Skills & experience
- You have at least a Bachelor degree or equivalent through experience.
- You have demonstrable experience as a BI or Data Engineer.
- You combine a strong business affinity with a strong interest in data crunching.
- You have a knowledge of applied statistics and data mining.
- Knowledge of Power Bi is mandatory.
- Knowledge in Azure Data Factory, Data Bricks,,, SQL, SSIS, Notebooks or Python is a plus.
- You have experience with BI reporting & data discovery tools.
- Knowledge of Kibana, Qlik Sense is a plus.
- You are driven and you dare to take the initiative.
- You are analytical and have an eye for detail.
- Languages: Dutch and also good English. French is an asset
- You end up in an organization in full change which gives you the opportunity to make a visible contribution to the development of the company.
- Initiative is therefore sincerely appreciated.
- There are fascinating and diverse challenges within the position.
- A strong team spirit is specific to the company and you get the opportunity to further develop intensively.
- Our client offers a permanent contract with an attractive and competitive wage, linked to fringe benefits (among other things, group and hospitalization insurance, meal vouchers, homeworking and a company car!).
- Location: Zaventem ( also easy access with public transport)