We're looking for a Data Engineer who will design, implement and maintain optimal data platforms: integrating both internal and third-party data, consolidating and cleansing data; and structuring it for analytical and operational applications.
- Design and implement database and storage solutions that supports the requirements of the team and the business
- Create and support ETL jobs pulling data from various source systems and loading into the data warehouse
- Design and develop data models
- Provides day-to-day support and maintenance of the data warehouse
- Help build the single source of truth
- Recommend ways to improve data reliability, efficiency and quality and help implement data quality rules so that data quality can be measured
- When needed, integrate new data management technologies and software engineering tools into existing structures
- Help promote a Data & Analytics driven culture throughout the company by improving the accessibility and organization of data.
- Help insure alignment between the team, the business and the IT department
- Experience in data modelling and Data warehousing solutions
- SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases
- Good understanding of ETL tools and with REST-oriented APIs for creating and managing data integration jobs, and providing users with simplified access to prepared data sets
- Experience and/or interest in working with Big Data platforms
- Experience and/or interest in leaning open-source technologies and cloud platforms
- Skills in object-oriented/object function scripting languages (Python, Java, C++, Scala, etc.)
- Fluent in Dutch/French and English (verbal & written)
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment
- Master degree (Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics,…)
- At least 3 years relevant experience in Data Engineering, or a similar role
Interested or intrigued ? Do not hesitate to apply!