Pension funds for an International Pharmaceutical group
Our client is an in-house consulting unit that coordinates and monitors pension investment activities of a worldwide group(~18bn EUR of assets invested at end of 2018 located in 4 different countries (Belgium, France, UK and US) that supports the group and local investment committees of the pension and savings plans in asset allocation and implementation decisions, manager selection and monitoring
The successful candidate will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the European Pension fund, a fast growing cross-border pension fund established by an international group in Belgium.
He will support the management of French defined benefits, French defined contribution and Swiss assets of the Group.
He will also support the pension team in a number of ad-hoc projects.
The main responsabilities will be:
- Manage the cross-border pension fund on a day-to-day basis: Be the primary point of contact for internal and external third-party providers (e.g. custodian, asset managers, actuary, auditors, accountant, etc.)
- Ensure monthly operations such as investments instructions, benefit payments, etc
- Facilitate the decision-making process of the Board of Directors (organizing meetings, preparing agenda, report, correspondence)
- Execute, follow up and monitor decisions taken by the Board of Directors and the General Assembly
- Provide on request and at own initiative, the collection, analysis, interpretation and availability of relevant data and the compilation of reports (based on a standard format) to the parties concerned (Supervisory Firm, FSMA, NBB, auditor, etc.)
- Support French DB, DC and Swiss pension plans on day- to-day basis and for ad-hoc projects
- Support Pension Advisory team on pension related topics in other countries
The successful candidate should demonstrate:
- Degree in finance, business management or similar
- Between 3 to 10 years experience in Asset Management especially in portfolio management or as a financial analyst
- Experience in a pension investments with plan sponsor, consultant or asset manager, preferably in international context will be appreciated
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to effectively function as part of an international team and work effectively with a wide range of service providers
- Excellent communication, organizational skills and project management skills
- French and English required, Dutch will be a plus
- CFA certification would be an asset
Our is offering a competitive package with a large range of extra legal benefits