- Do you have a passion for hardware and software interaction?
- Are you proficient in C, preferably with experience in an automotive environment,
- Do you have experience with automotive powertrain sysems and components?
You will be working in an international company with over 1.600 employees. At our unit in Zedelgem (near Bruges), our more than 250 engineers and colleagues work on the development, testing, prototyping and production of high-technology transmission systems and subsystems for high-performance, top-of-the-line vehicles.
As Controls Base (Embedded) Software Development Engineer, you will be developing and testing low-level embedded software for our transmission controllers. This covers, amongst others, developing and maintaining hardware abstraction layer modules, run time environment modules and safety relevant software. You write your own documentation and test cases or scripts. You are responsible for the configuration and integration of software modules (AUTOSAR, OSEK, MCAL, CAN) and diagnostics protocols (J1939, OBD, UDS).
- You obtained a Master's degree in Electronics or Computer Sciences.
- You have a passion for hardware and software interaction.
- You are proficient in C, preferably with experience in an automotive environment.
- Professional experience in the following domains is an important asset:
o Embedded 32 bit microcontrollers and Automotive test tooling (CANapa, CANoe,...)
o AUTOSAR environment and safety relevant applications in automotive
o Creating/writing design specification based upon customer requirements
- You have an eye for detail and you work and think in a structured manner.
- Problem analysis and problem solving is your forte.
- You are hands-on, highly motivated, and have good communication and presentation skills.
- You have a strong interest and/or experience with automotive powertrain systems and components.
- You are a team player, but well-organized to work independently.
- When needed, you are open to travel internationally
- You are fluent in Dutch.
Salary and Benefits
An interesting project within an international and innovative environment.
We offer you a competitive salary package according to profile and experience.
- Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Professional Development
- Maternity/Paternity Paid Leave
- Employee Events
- Employee Referral Program
- Work From Home
- Vacation/paid time off
- Stock Options
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Paid sick days
- Health Care On Site
- Flexible Schedules
- Retirement / Pension Plans
- Transportation Allowance