Our client is a main provider of software developing services in the transport industry, based in Brussels.
Job Description :
You will fulfill a connecting role between the Business Relationship Manager, the Contract Manager, Solution Delivery and the supplier with a view to developing, maintaining and
strengthening the relationships to:
- develop best practice strategies to identify and manage supply risks;
- align deliveries with the objectives and structures;
- align business requirements with priorities and, where appropriate, to settle disputes with suppliers;
- ensure that our client achieves its financial and delivery objectives with the supplier;
- assist the supplier in its efforts to operate successfully.
- You will take the lead in negotiating contractual matters with the supplier;
- You will act as contractual intermediary between the company employees and the supplier, ensuring a timely assessment of deviations and for the acceptance or negotiation;
- You will be responsible for the follow-up of transactions :milestones, deliverables, invoicing, etc.;
- You will monitor compliance with SLA’s;
- You will provide the necessary cooperation with the internal services;
- You will develop best practice strategies to identify supplier risks, implement management plans to prevent risks from occurring, and contingency plans to combat risks that have occurred despite management plans;
- You will work with the risk management / finance department to coordinate contractual requirements;
- You will collaborate with the finance department to meet global financing and risk requirements, such as revenue recognition, pricing and discount policies, etc.;
- You will have insight into financial engineering and into the assessment of the economic impact of terms and term options;
- You will form and manage a team of 2 to 4 people who will be responsible for the contract management of the supplier;
- Within the contract team, you will be responsible for managing contract registration and documentation, such as receipt and verification of all contract correspondence, contact information sheets for the supplier, adjustments to the contract, status reports and other documentation for all projects;
- If necessary, you will prepare guidelines on contractual matters for project managers or other executive staff, including training for new project managers and other employees on contractual procedures;
- You will develop and implements contract management and administrative procedures in accordance with company policy.
- You will contribute to company policy where necessary;
- You will ensure that the company staff complies with the established procedures;
- You will ensure that the signed contracts are made known to all parties involved;
- You will be responsible for handling ongoing procedures and for change management.
- You have a Masters degree in economics or engineering;
- You have at least 4 years of experience in Vendor Relationship Management;
- You have experience in managing large contracts and you’re able to work autonomously;
- You are able to deal with problems in a structured way and thereby offer added value;
- You take result oriented initiatives and you have strong negotiating skills;
- You have experience with operating in a public transport environment;
- You have general knowledge of IT and MS Office;
- You have knowledge of contract models, financial models, budgeting and risk management;
- You are fluent in Dutch, French & English.
- A challenging job in a fast growing and dynamic IT organization;
- An employer with a clear social benefit and a well-defined strategy;
- An intellectual challenge, including the possibility to follow relevant training courses, both internally and externally;
- A competitive salary package included several fringe benefits such as a company car, group- & health insurance, etc.;
- A healthy work-life balance.