Ensuring the Compliance function of the Bank can effectively anticipate, identify and evaluate the compliance risks faced by the Bank, and helps the Head of Legal and Compliance to manage and mitigate these risks.
Our client is an international Bank which provides a range of high-quality financial services to individual and corporate customers.
- To help in identifying standards, rules and regulations to which the Bank must adhere to in the exercise of its businesses, and to maintain a list of the essential rules, standards and regulations at the disposal of staff.
- To help in identifying and assess compliance risk of the Bank so that they can be mitigated in accordance with the importance and possible consequences of non- compliance
- To help in ensuring that compliance policies and procedures are in place in accordance with the relevant rules and regulations. To ensure, in coordination with the Head of Legal and Compliance and the business functions, that these policies and procedures are reflected and integrated in the business operations as appropriate
- To help in ensuring that there is an appropriate and effective program of Compliance controls in the Bank to ensure that policies and procedures have been effectively implemented to mitigate compliance risks, and, in coordination with the Head of Legal and Compliance, to issue recommendations as appropriate.
- To help in elaborating and maintaining up to date the Compliance Charter which includes objectives, responsibilities and powers of Compliance.
- To be proactive in identifying and evaluating compliance risks of new business activities, services, markets and products before they are launched
- To advise and support the Head of Legal and Compliance on matters relating to Compliance, including new rules and regulations which can impact the Bank.
- To help in the promotion of a compliance culture in the Bank and to ensure that Compliance training, including special focus on AML and terrorist financing prevention, is carried out on staff at least once a year.
- To be responsible for the monitoring of the transactions and the transmission of suspicious transactions to the applicable authority after it has been approved by the Head of Legal and Compliance.
- To be responsible for the investigation and release of blocked transactions in the Banks AML transaction filtering environment under the supervision of the Head of Legal and Compliance.
- To act as the contact person for compliance related issues in case of absence of the Head of Legal and Compliance.
- Previous experience within Banking Sector (6-7 years of experience)
- The candidate must be in possession of an AML or Compliance certification issued by the Belgian regulators or by ACAMS
- Strong Compliance knowledge (banking regulations, Anti-Money Laundering...)
- Master degree in Law
- Fluent in English and French or in English and Dutch.
- International banking environment
- Perspective of evolution and development
- Direct report to the Head of Compliance