Our client is a global management consulting firm and leader in business strategy. They offer multiple career paths for the world’s best talent to have a real impact on business and society. As part of the team, you will benefit from the breadth and diversity of what our client is doing today and where they are headed next. They count on your authenticity, exceptional work, and strong integrity. In return they are committed to supporting you in discovering the most fulfilling career journey possible – and unlocking your potential to advance the world.
The Business Services Team (BST) consist of various functional professionals, including the business management and operations team members, who work to ensure that the organization is running smoothly, efficiently, and productively. Members of this team contribute directly to the success of the business through a number of roles, including executive and case team assistants, receptionist, facilities staff and office coordinators who manage these operations and business management jobs.
CASE TEAM ASISSTANT
As Case Team Assistant you will solve problems before anyone knows that a problem exists! You’ll work with little direction to support several of our most senior BST members, Project Leaders and Principals.
You will manage and assume responsibility for agendas, effectively prioritizing on behalf of your team members in appropriate situations. You’ll identify and manage the right priorities and processes to ensure that the consultants we support have what they need to seamlessly serve the needs of our clients. You’ll book (and unbook) travel, schedule (and reschedule) meetings, keep track of time and expenses, support the consulting team process, and generally keep up with the fast pace of our most senior BST and consulting staff.
While consultants spend most of their time at the client site, back here at home base (aka the Brussels office) you will be surrounded by an Administrative Team that consists of a group or really smart, team-oriented people. CTAs actively participate in office life, are flexible and willing to help fellow team members, and collaborate across functions.
- Providing high-level support for senior BST members, Project Leaders and Principals in a fast-paced and changing client service environment. You sweat the small stuff, have strong attention to detail and accuracy, particularly when under pressure
- Anticipating and coordinating point-to-point travel needs as necessary. You’re proactive, looking ahead at what needs to be done on all dimensions
- Making judgement calls – you’re highly professional and diplomatic (dealing with consultants who can be very demanding at times can be a challenge, but a challenge you’re p to), you know when to ask for help or advice, are perceptive and practical
- Building working relationships with key stakeholders. You’re extremely people focused with a certain ‘joie de vivre’
Administration and secretarial
- Building working relationships with key stakeholders. You’re extremely people focused with a certain ‘joie de vivre”
- Provide diary management, scheduling of internal/external meetings and administrative support to Project Leaders/Principals
- Point of contact for phone calls in case of absence of Project Leaders/Principals; assist in developing and maintaining strong relationships with clients
- Coordinate room reservations and logistic help
- Coordinate travel arrangements
- Prepare expense reports
- Back-up for Reception and Executive assistants
- Help Project Leaders/Principals on the appropriate archiving of documents on the server
- Rolling PTO coordination role
- Deliver trainings to new hires on specific topics
- Produce high quality Power Point documents to the organization and client format within deadlines for the case team (follow through regarding the drafting and proofreading of the document, correct formatting, …)
- Liaise with consulting staff and client team members regarding amendments
- Manage work load and leverage team resources to meet required deadlines
- Coordinate the production workload, leverage team or external resources to meet required deadlines
- Bachelor or Master degree with working experience in secretarial duties
- Excellent written and spoken French, Dutch and English
- Proficient computer skills for software used at the company (demonstrated basic software knowledge in Power Point, Word and Excel)
- Experience in agenda and travel management is an asset.
- You’re highly responsive with strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Organizational skills to assist with all the behind-the-scenes magic while providing creative solutions, driving our high-level customer service, and positively impacting our client work
- A strong intellectual curiosity. You’re a creative thinker, interested in the bigger picture
YOU’LL WORK WITH
You’ll be working within a closely knit team of Executive Assistants and Case Team Assistants reporting into an Office Manager. You’ll be supporting up to 4 BST members, Project Leaders and Principals and you’ll work with the other administrative team members to back each other up and help each other out when things get extra busy or when someone is out of the office. The team is very collaborative and enjoys learning and mentoring each other. You manager will be a great resource for support and trouble-shooting, and will provide developmental guidance and support as your grow your career at the organization