Do you have a degree in Computer Science and do you think you have what it takes to manage to manage the on-premise Windows Server and migrations to the cloud? Then you may be interested in the position of:
Azure Cloud & Senior Systems Engineer
for our office in Ghent, Belgium
About the position:
As Azure Cloud & Senior Systems Engineer you will be responsible for managing on-premise Windows Server environments and facilitate migrations to the cloud. Your tasks include but are not limited to:
- Working on different projects related to local Windows Server environments, Azure, and Office365;
- Staying up to date on the latest developments in the cloud and sharing your knowledge with colleagues located around the globe and take initiative to articulate your vision on technical aspects;
- Participating in incident and change management (troubleshoot and executing production changes;
- Providing strategic advice on using specific technology to achieve goals and collaborating on IT initiatives and collaborate with in-house technical staff;
- Managing complex server environments, both on premise and in the public cloud.
We are looking for an analytical mind, with technical and problem solving skills. You are a team player, capable of dealing with several projects while maintaining a clear overview. Besides that, you recognize yourself in the following profile:
- You have a degree in Computer Science or a related field, with 3 – 5 years of relevant work experience;
- You are fluent in verbal and written Dutch and English;
- You have advanced knowledge of and experience with:
- Windows Server platform;
- Active Directory and Group Policies;
- Vmware / Hyper-V, ESXi;
- Azure AD, Intune or Office365;
- Exchange server;
- System Center Configuration Manager and System Center Operations Manager Citrix Xenapp;
- Microsoft Azure;
- When requested, you are willing to travel to the USA and Canada to meet with overseas colleagues (aprox. 2x/year).
- Microsoft certifications;
- Experience with Google Cloud.
Working at Descartes means working at a rapidly growing organization in an international environment. In this position you will have an opportunity to contribute new ideas and we welcome your fresh perspective. Besides that, we offer you:
- an attractive salary package;
- a company car;
- lunch vouchers;
- group and medical insurance;
- a flexible and casual work environment;
- on-the-job training to support your personal growth.
Descartes is the global leader in logistics technology. We extend the command of logistics operations, helping the world’s largest and most connected logistics community to quickly reduce costs, improve service and comply with customs and transportation regulations. At our core, Descartes’ team of industry-leading logistics experts is dedicated to delivering innovative solutions while working closely with our customers to help ensure their success. Learn more at www.descartes.com
Apply now by clicking on the apply button. Please send in your CV and a cover letter addressed to Ilse de Wachter. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
We sincerely thank all applicants for their interest in Descartes; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Agency calls will not be accepted.
Tags: computer science, Windows Server, Active Directory, AD, VMware, Azure, Exchange, Sharepoint, nederlands, Dutch, engels, English