Are you in search of a new career move where you can make the difference in a human-sized biotechnology company that prioritizes clean food ingredients? If so, now is the time to choose Galactic.
Galactic believes in the future of sustainable and healthy ingredients to replace chemicals in food through green chemistry.
Galactic uses simple materials and transforms them through fermentation into natural and clean label ingredients to preserve the quality and goodness of food products throughout their shelf-life, such as processed meat, ready meals, and bakery products.
Our headquarters are based in Belgium, with production facilities in the United States, China, and Europe. Our sales offices are in Brussels, China, United States, Japan, and Brazil. We employ worldwide more than 250 people and are active in more than 80 countries.
To reinforce our sales team based in Brussels, we are looking for:
Area Sales Managers
Technical Sales Managers
- Be a solid team player, taking charge of a geographical area in EU according to your language proficiency
- Develop our client portfolio and the antimicrobial business in the prioritized sections of the food industry
- Manage and develop end users and distributors by establishing close relationships
- Perform active research and analyses on markets and industries to find potential commercial opportunities
- Maximize profitability and sales volume
- Develop and implement strategies to build a sales prospect pipeline and generate business opportunities
- Participate in and apply pricing policies
- Collaborate with customer service to ensure proper order handling
- Understand the dynamics of your business and provide regular accurate sales forecasts
- Maintain a culture of excellence and communicate it relentlessly to your colleagues
- A minimum of two years commercial experience
- A proven track record in sales or management of distributors, preferably in food ingredients or chemicals
- Experience and knowledge of the food ingredients industry preferred
- Advanced Degree in Food Science, Chemistry or Biology preferred
- Commitment to develop and entertain a network of relationships in the food industry
- Passion for bringing solutions to food applications
- A resilient customer-oriented problem solver is a must.
- Native or totally fluent in German, French or Dutch
- Good English is a must
- Knowledge and interest of other European languages is certainly an advantage to flourish in our multicultural team.
- A challenging position giving you the opportunity to make a difference in the development of an innovative company
- An international environment, encouraging autonomy, flexibility and team spirit
- A salary package with company car and other benefits.