Our client is a main provider of software developing services in the transport industry, based in Brussels with offices close to a main railway station.
Job Description :
You will be part of our client’s IT Reference Architecture & Master Data Management team, which is a multi-disciplinary group of experienced enterprise architects and data experts.
- You will develop, construct, test and improve data mesh reference architecture implementations for capabilities identified within the company that will support the various enterprise data and integration initiative;
- You will develop reusable implementation mechanisms for Data mastership included from and to various sources, Data quality, Data lifecycle, Data auditing, Data system extensibility, industry data integration, integration with packaged applications and strategic systems planning;
- You will use company standards programming language and tools to implement capabilities and identify new ones when required;
- You will identify ways to improve data reliability, efficiency and quality;
- You will deploy sophisticated analytics programs, machine learning and statistical method;
- You will develop and use large data sets to address business issues, this also encompasses the needed data set processes;
- You will participate in the current- and target-state data architectures;
- You will participate in the definition of standards, guidelines and processes to ensure Data Architecture quality and develop best practices, tooling, methods, standards, skills and documentation;
- You will collaborate with business units’ stakeholders to understand their needs in terms of Data Management, included close collaboration with internal and external stakeholders;
- You will engage and build your network with external data experts to remain up to date with latest trends and technologies and identify potential impact of market trends in your tasks.
- You have at least 5 years relevant professional experience;
- You have a background in computer science, engineering, applied mathematics, or you have a degree in other related IT fields;
- You are an expert in Java 8 or higher, you have knowledge of UML;
- You have experience using data model-based representations that can be adjusted as required to collect, aggregate or disaggregate complex and conflicting information sources;
- You have experience in translating logical data models using a variety of tools and techniques into physical model for implementation;
- You have relevant work experience with Event Driven and Microservice Architecture, with containers and Kubernetes based deployments;
- You have experience with building REST APIs based on OpenAPI V3, GraphQL APIs, SQL databases (Postgresql), Messaging infrastructure (Kafka - broker, consumer, provider, streaming), SDLC / Devops (Git, Jenkins, Nexus), and Change Data Capturing;
- Having experience Spring eco system, Hasura, MongoDB and C# is a plus;
- You have good communication skills to work across Business and IT departments, you have the ability to act as liaison between Business and IT;
- You have the ability to apply data architectural principles to business solutions;
- You are a team player able to work effectively at all levels of an organization with the ability to influence others to move toward consensus;
- You are fluent in Dutch and/or French, you are fluent in English.
- A challenging job in a fast growing and dynamic IT organization;
- An employer with a clear social benefit and a well-defined strategy;
- An intellectual challenge, including the possibility to follow relevant training courses, both internally and externally;
- A competitive salary package included several fringe benefits such as a company car, group- & health insurance, etc.;
- Very interesting financial compensation if you are not interested to drive a company car, as part of our client’s policy;
- A healthy work-life balance.